Booker's "Kathleen's Batch" 2018-01

MyBrainOnWhiskey
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

They (K&L) actually have a separate listing for "Kathleen's Batch" as well as the generic Booker's listing.

Ah right you are! Thanks, never noticed that before.

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

Bevmo in Walnut Creek has it for $54.99, which is where I bought mine.  Actually got two bottles for $99.98 +tax after using my $10 off coupon. 

This is even more impressive because of how high BevMo's prices usually are

This batch is fantastic and I have heard from a few who have had the BBQ batch (the one after Kathleen's Batch) and hear that it's even better than Kathleen's - Crazy!  I can't wait for this it arrive in California ????

10 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Pretty sure at $50 I'd have given it a whirl

I've got multiple older Bookers bottles at home though.  And way too many other good bourbons to drink.  I'm tired of buying just to buy, even if it's a good deal.  I've figured out my tastes in bourbon and will stick to getting stuff I know I'll enjoy.  

Besides, I baited my friend @Postal Grunt into buying one, so I'm sure I'll get a taste at some point.  I'm a bad influence...

Edited by gurgalunas
  • I like it 1

46 minutes ago, gurgalunas said:

I've got multiple older Bookers bottles at home though.  And way too many other good bourbons to drink.  I'm tired of buying just to buy, even if it's a good deal.  I've figured out my tastes in bourbon and will stick to getting stuff I know I'll enjoy.  

Besides, I baited my friend @Postal Grunt into buying one, so I'm sure I'll get a taste at some point.  I'm a bad influence...

Yes, a bad influence with good taste.

I finally tasted this batch and agree that it is solid. Less burn than I expected, nice viscosity to the mouthfeel. I’m not a Booker’s disciple but I’ll pick up a couple bottles of this batch if I see them at a reasonable price. Made me want to pull out a pour of the 25th......

In my book, this is a fun whiskey.  At 126.4 proof and 6yr3mo, there will be people who just aren't interested in buying a bottle. Others may be put off because it's a small batch blend of whiskeys from seven different locations in Beam's rack houses.  Those same folks should taste at least a 1 oz or 30ml pour just satisfy curiosity or try to understand what the buzz is all about.  On first pour, I describe the the taste as exuberant. There's nothing shy about Kathleen's Table.

I happened to find this bottle at the below cost price of $49.95 and I think it's a steal at that price. At the expected MSRP of $75, it's still a very good drink but there are  KCSiB store picks around at 120 proof, 13 yo, and $40  that are excellent alternatives for consideration. If you know where and when to look, it's a good time to be a bourbon drinker in the KC area.

Edited by Postal Grunt

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.