Sign in to follow this  
Harry in WashDC

Old Fitz BIB limited releases starting April 2018

Harry in WashDC

The HH press release is here - https://heavenhill.com/detail/302

IIRC, lots of us figured Old Fitz was being cannibalized to launch Larceny, and the Old Fitz offerings sort of dwindled away around here.  According to an email I got this AM, HH will be resurrecting Old Fitz BIB with semiannual releases.  It will be in a special decanter, be about 11 years old, and have a $110 MSRP.  Sort of makes me want to kick myself now.  Four years ago, I was in a store that had 12 of them on the shelf for $99 each, and I passed.  Now that I think about it, that $110 may be OK; time value of money, inflation, and likely more age on the upcoming LEs than on the BIBs that used to be everywhere.

Clueby

There is a thread about that here: 

What did you see on the shelf four years ago for $99?  Old Fitz BIB (not the new 11 year old decanter version) is still on the shelf accross the river in Illinois for ~$20/750 and ~$35/1.75 although I am seeing a lot less of it.  I have an open 1.75 and one in the bunker so I'm probably gonna be content with that.

Harry in WashDC
4 minutes ago, Clueby said:

There is a thread about that here: 

What did you see on the shelf four years ago for $99?  Old Fitz BIB (not the new 11 year old decanter version) is still on the shelf accross the river in Illinois for ~$20/750 and ~$35/1.75 although I am seeing a lot less of it.  I have an open 1.75 and one in the bunker so I'm probably gonna be content with that.

What I saw was the traditional BIB 750s.  Local stores haven't carried Old Fitz for years although the Montgomery County MD stores (run by the county) used to .  I think they've even cut back on the 80 proof.

RE that other thread - Thanks.  Missed that when I "searched".  FUTURE POSTERS!  Please post about the new decanter Old Fitz on that other thread.  THX.

BottledInBond

That press release was from February. Has anyone heard anything more specific on the release timing yet? I’ll be in KY for the Derby which might be about right since they said they would be bottling this in April, but if they release it at the gift shop I might need to send one of my in-laws there for an earlier attempt.......