A not so subtle reminder

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

From the Straightbourbon.com store home page:

Running a website is expensive, and the money to do it has to come from somewhere. Straightbourbon.com™ does not accept advertising. We don't promote products in exchange for "favors". Our sole revenue stream is branded merchandise sales, and all proceeds from the sale of Straightbourbon.com branded swag go directly to support the continued operation of the site and community. 

I think it's safe to say that I speak for everyone in thanking Jim Butler for creating and maintaining Straightbourbon.com. It's truly a fun and great community to be a part of! What many don't know is how many thousands of hours and $$ he's put into SB. This is not a "pay to play" site, and it's not a cheap date for Jim to keep it running. IMHO, if you enjoy SB.com I'd like to think you'd also be willing to help support it by purchasing something from the store. This weekend The Boss has everything on sale and free shipping, there's no better time to do so than now.

I'd love it if we cleared out his entire inventory :) 

I'll get off my soapbox now......resume your enjoyment of Straightbourbon.com!

• I like it 5

I think it might be worthwhile to have a donation spot too if there isn't already one, so SB can get support with out having to spend money on gear or shipping.

I know I gotta start sending money to the KUVO jazz station near me, at least a little bit and SB.com definitely deserves my money for the same reasons.

EDIT: 

Thoughts from a bit later -

Actually I feel I probably owe straightbourbon.com some money for a few reasons:

1. SB.com has saved me money.

I was a complete clueless newbie when I stumbled on to SB.com

I came to bourbon from first drinking sweet bourbon liqueurs and things like JD Tennessee Honey and Jeremiah Weed Bourbon Liqueur. Then one day I was at a big box store and bought a JD Single Barrel 750 with old fashioned glasses paired. I stumbled in the dark for a long time, not knowing about who produced what or that bourbon is commonly sourced. I didn't yet know about bottled in bond or even really get the importance of straight whiskeys or even consider age statements. Reading experiences and suggestions on SB.com lead me away from a lot of time wasted drinking swill and in to trying all sorts of lower and middle shelf gems. This place encouraged me to try new things and helped me make more informed decisions about my liquor preferences. And it gave me a group of intelligent and respectful individuals who were role models for the most part of how alcohol can play a healthy role in some one's life and that alcoholism is not the only path of drinking. 

Thank you to everyone who has posted and a hundred fold thank you to Jbutler and cohorts! 

Edited by Dannabis
  • I like it 5

Cool thread as I hadn’t clicked on the banner. I ordered a tee shirt. It literally was the least I could do for a site that has brought me so much knowledge and enjoyment. 

• I like it 3

Thanks for the heads up I had not seen the shop before.  Accidentally placed an order for only one Glencairn when I wanted two so I placed a second order.  

Admins, if you see this please combine orders 379 & 380 so you only have to ship once.   This request is also in order 380 notes .  Thank you for the site!

• I like it 2

Thanks so much to everyone who placed an order. The support we received over the last few days will keep SB online for a couple more months, and that's the ticket!

I realized this morning that we have until Tuesday night to get our taxes done and in.  In honor (commiseration?) of that, I've extended the sale until Tuesday night at 1159 Pacific!

• I like it 1

Cool.  Ordered myself an SB glencairn.  It looks to be pretty snazzy if you ask me. Should look even better with a nice amber pour inside in future pics in the the "What are you enjoying now" thread!!

• I like it 2

Why not have a way for members to make donations?  Other forums have this option.  Just an option.

• I like it 1

Ordered on Sunday, that’s some damn fine service! 

They look great and I am particularly excited to do more blind tastings. I have frequently mixed up my two blind pours in the past. Now I can use one SB and one regular, problem solved.

4 hours 15 min until happy hour, not that I am counting...

DDA87AA5-7066-4A24-A825-C1E11458FBF3.jpeg

• I like it 1

Order placed, and thanks BOSS for all you and the admins do to bring us SB.com. Cheers!!

• I like it 1

From California to South Carolina before Thursday. This is a handsome glass indeed. Now, what will be the inaugural pour? ‘00 Wild Turkey? RRsib store pick? The OBSO barrel that made me fall in love w/ Four Roses?

decisions decisions. 

8D562AC6-D157-404D-8090-3D4D7D93C521.jpeg

1 minute ago, Mako254 said:

From California to South Carolina before Thursday. This is a handsome glass indeed. Now, what will be the inaugural pour? ‘00 Wild Turkey? RRsib store pick? The OBSO barrel that made me fall in love w/ Four Roses?

decisions decisions. 

How 'bout a Weller? :D

Biba! Joe

15 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

How 'bout a Weller? :D

Biba! Joe

Why am I not surprised?

7yr NCF OWA store pick up to snuff for you?

15 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Why am I not surprised?

7yr NCF OWA store pick up to snuff for you?

That will do perfectly sir. :D Cheers and enjoy!

Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.