Booker’s 30th Anniversary

KyleCBreese
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:37 PM, BottledInBond said:

I paid $300 for Booker’s Rye. And I would pay $300 for another bottle of Booker’s 25th, but that’s just me. I had a bunch of the 25th and reallly enjoyed them. So to me, if they charge $300 for Booker’s 30th, I’d pay it.

This is my stance as well. Assuming of course that the 16 yr old year old product is in the same league quality-wise, as those other two. Those were both stellar, and personally I'd rather have one 750 of Booker's Rye (or 25th Anniversary) than a half-case of KCSB.  For those making that equivalence argument, it doesn't work that way.  A BMW isn't twice as good as a Honda, but many educated and reasonable people pay the difference. 

If it were always just about volume, give me a handle of WT101 at $29.99 on sale and call it a day!

These conversations always make me extremely curious as to what the Booker's Rye tastes like; so many trusted folks here advocate its value.

As for this one, I don't like the sticker price one bit, but I think I will buy a bottle if I see it. I wouldn't want this to become a habit, dropping three digit dollars on limited bottles without thinking twice, but in this case the risk is low enough it seems. Booker's special releases have a history of being, well, special.

7 minutes ago, Kepler said:

A BMW isn't twice as good as a Honda, but many educated and reasonable people pay the difference.

I'd argue that a Honda is twice as good as a BMW :) But that's a discussion for another time!

• I like it 1

On 4/30/2018 at 12:44 AM, Kane said:

These conversations always make me extremely curious as to what the Booker's Rye tastes like; so many trusted folks here advocate its value.

As for this one, I don't like the sticker price one bit, but I think I will buy a bottle if I see it. I wouldn't want this to become a habit, dropping three digit dollars on limited bottles without thinking twice, but in this case the risk is low enough it seems. Booker's special releases have a history of being, well, special.

I have not yet tried the 25th, but the Rye is indeed something special, I would buy another if it ever passed in front of me in a heart beat.  I do tend to like Booker's, but the Rye is not the usual Booker's taste profile, nor can I detect a hint of "funk" in it :)

8 hours ago, l364cy said:

I have not yet tried the 25th, but the Rye is indeed something special, I would buy another if it ever passed in front of me in a heart beat.  I do tend to like Booker's, but the Rye is not the usual Booker's taste profile, nor can I detect a hint of "funk" in it :)

And I've only had the 25th, likewise, it was excellent stuff. I am excited for this one.

On 4/28/2018 at 11:01 PM, MyBrainOnWhiskey said:

$349.99 for Booker's 30th, to be released late 2018 - early 2019.  I love Booker's.  The price is not outrageous in light of the current market for premium, limited edition bourbons.  I'm not sure I'll be able to pull the trigger on this release, but I'm not sure I'll be able to pass it up either.           

I have liked the past releases but I am out at that price as well. At least I will try to be even if one is offered to me... ????

Edited by tanstaafl2

3 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

......... At least I will try to be even if one is offered to me... ????

Will this finally be the time that you don't cave? :)

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Will this finally be the time that you don't cave? :)

So, who's gonna start the pool? ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Y'all know Ill cave, and Ill send y'all samples. (If I get the chance to buy one).

• 7 months later...

Well, now that 350 was proven to be fake news, I'm willing to work with 200.

I'm stuck working on a boat for the next month, so if anyone sees one of these at their local and they don't want it, I'd appreciate some sb.com help in picking some up for me.

PM me.

Found one of these at retail and picked it up over the weekend. Then watched an interesting blind “best of 2018” final 4 video from It’s Bourbon Night and this was the result. Just a YouTube video but interesting nonetheless.

18D75BA1-E03E-4DD5-A6D6-89BB7D4D2328.png

• I like it 3

9 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Picked mine up for 175 with a Christmas gift card, so it cost me zip.  

NICE!!!    Good on ya', jvd99!     Enjoy!     I found upon further investigation, it takes water VERY well.

31 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

NICE!!!    Good on ya', jvd99!     Enjoy!     I found upon further investigation, it takes water VERY well.

Thanx! 

Although i I throw out 99% of packaging, the 30th box says it’s made from reclaimed  wood from beam warehouses, a definite improvement over the plastic front.  I’ll be keeping the slide top pictured, screwed into the inside door of my cabinet

B3E96BC4-DEED-4BD0-8007-F95EC423AED0.jpeg

AAE42F5C-F776-44BE-9282-7EEBD76EDF84.jpeg

• I like it 2

Tried some 30th tonight. It’s really good. Much different profile than standard Booker’s in a good way...at least IMO.

And it does not drink like it’s a barrel proof. Really really good stuff. Probably one of my all time favorites. 

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, BigPapa said:

Any Minnesota sightings yet?

I’ve been asking around several places and no confirmed sightings yet. I’m in the SW metro

When you guys find one...def buy it. I’m not a big “buy an LE just for the sake of having an LE” guy. In fact, passed on HH27 at below retail yesterday.

But this one...really, really good.

• I like it 1

On 1/12/2019 at 6:03 PM, Bambam said:

When you guys find one...def buy it. I’m not a big “buy an LE just for the sake of having an LE” guy. In fact, passed on HH27 at below retail yesterday.

But this one...really, really good.

My LE forgot to call me on the HH27 and that's the one I really wanted - tried it in a bar and it was excellent

2 hours ago, jvd99 said:

My LE forgot to call me on the HH27 and that's the one I really wanted - tried it in a bar and it was excellent

Wish I could have tried it but everything I heard was that it was way over oaked and for the money it was an expensive question mark.

34 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

Great news... Haven't opened the Booker's yet, but found the COK disappointing...

Bookers.jpg

I’ll be surprised if you are disappointed in the 30. But if you don’t want to risk the disappointment...let me know. Lol

21 hours ago, Bambam said:

Wish I could have tried it but everything I heard was that it was way over oaked and for the money it was an expensive question mark.

I like the oak, but that’s just me

4 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Great news... Haven't opened the Booker's yet, but found the COK disappointing...

Did you find these in 'The Mitten State', JT?   I've yet to see (or hear) of either in Michigan.

15 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Did you find these in 'The Mitten State', JT?   I've yet to see (or hear) of either in Michigan.

No, Indiana. The Cream of Kentucky wasn't released in MI.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.