Booker’s 30th Anniversary

KyleCBreese
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If Rye was $299, this will be pushing $500

16 year age stated, there is a chance this could have some juice Booker laid down. 

FFB6CB2E-271D-4427-A053-29706F796194.jpeg

Edited by Mako254

I'm just not comprehending 10-14 year store picks of KCSB going for less than $50 and this being $300 or more. Even allowing for the fact that these are perhaps the very best barrels Beam has, I can't imagine they are 6x better than KCSB.

But more power to them if they can people to pay that much.

• I like it 1

I'm just not comprehending 10-14 year store picks of KCSB going for less than $50 and this being $300 or more. Even allowing for the fact that these are perhaps the very best barrels Beam has, I can't imagine they are 6x better than KCSB.

Paying more because they will be more rare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also uncut and unflitered.  While technically this makes it less costly to bottle, as a proportion of available bourbon it makes it even more rare.

Highly unlikely this will show up near me, but for the assumed price I'll pass. Regardless of rarity, there's no way this is intrinsically 6x+ better than the 13yo KCSB store pick I bought.

Well, I did love the Booker’s 25th. I’ll pay up for this, unless it’s totally absurd

16 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Well, I did love the Booker’s 25th. I’ll pay up for this, unless it’s totally absurd

It will be. If they got $300 for the Rye, it will be at least that. 

45 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

It will be. If they got $300 for the Rye, it will be at least that. 

I paid $300 for Booker’s Rye. And I would pay $300 for another bottle of Booker’s 25th, but that’s just me. I had a bunch of the 25th and reallly enjoyed them. So to me, if they charge $300 for Booker’s 30th, I’d pay it. With people paying $400 or more for ORVW10 and Lot B these days, that isn’t absurd to me. Bookers’s 25th and Booker’s Rye were light years better than any bottle of ORVW or Lot B I’ve ever had. So it’s all relative, and I know not everyone will agree with me and that’s all good

• I like it 2

I'll guess $350. The rye was a pretty rare one off, too.

I'm confident it might be the bottle of the year, at least for my taste preferences.

But at 350+, they might as well replace an O with an N and call it Bonkers.

• I like it 5

Perhaps just a coincidence, but my sphincter puckered up a little bit when I first read about this bourbon coming out.

• I like it 4

8 hours ago, Spade said:

If stores around here offered KCSB store picks for under $50, I'd be camping on their doorsteps.  But, they don't even offer them at $100.  I can't recall one being offered at ANY price near me.  Hence, these LEs are my best shot.  I passed on the rye, after tasting it a half dozen times, but was satisfied with the 2001 @ I think $130.   I only bought one even though I liked it a lot.  30th Ann. @ $300?  That'd take a lot more thinking, a lot of it irrational.  But, I probably COULD . . .:rolleyes:

• I like it 1

^^^Harry, what's your going rate for the standard KCSB's?  Just asking, because I've never had a bad one (standard or PS)... some are just more gooder than the others:P...

If stores around here offered KCSB store picks for under $50, I'd be camping on their doorsteps.  But, they don't even offer them at $100.  I can't recall one being offered at ANY price near me.  Hence, these LEs are my best shot.  I passed on the rye, after tasting it a half dozen times, but was satisfied with the 2001 @ I think $130.   I only bought one even though I liked it a lot.  30th Ann. @ $300?  That'd take a lot more thinking, a lot of it irrational.  But, I probably COULD . . .:rolleyes:

Harry, I'm sorry to hear that you are in such a KCSiB store pick desert. I usually have my choice of at least a half dozen or more KC store picks every year. Several of my favorite liquor stores will even have some 14 year old private barrel picks of KCSiB coming in later this year, and they generally sell for less than $40. Given the plethora of choices that I have for good Beam bourbon, I doubt I'll be seeking this one out...but I've learned to never say never.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

If stores around here offered KCSB store picks for under $50, I'd be camping on their doorsteps.  But, they don't even offer them at $100.  I can't recall one being offered at ANY price near me.  Hence, these LEs are my best shot. 

That's an excellent point. I probably take it for granted that in Atlanta I can hop in my car and without too much time or effort track down just about a any store pick I want (assuming I'm avoiding rush hour of course!). 

The point I was really trying to make was just how strange the relationship between price and quality is for Beam products. I think it has always been true to some extent — for example, I never thought Booker's was twice as good as the age stated KC — but it's gotten stranger in my eyes. 

Edited by Spade
Fixed a typo
  • I like it 1

9 hours ago, Paddy said:

^^^Harry, what's your going rate for the standard KCSB's?  Just asking, because I've never had a bad one (standard or PS)... some are just more gooder than the others:P...

I can get the standard KC 750 for $23 fairly regularly in WashDC although closer to $30 is common (and I pass), and Va ABC stores ask $35 (and I shudder and pass).  The couple of Wash DC stores close to me selling the SiB ask $35 (and it is $45-50 in Va ABC stores).  HMcK 10 yr. is almost always cheaper than the KC SiB, so when I'm in the mood for an "older" bourbon, I usually reach for that; AND I don't have to add water.:D  But, thanks - I may pick up one or two and then skip the 30th Ann. and use the "savings" to replenish my 6-9 yr. old bottom shelf BIBs.  They've been taking a hit with the strange weather and a moratorium on allegedly excess purchases.:(

1 hour ago, Spade said:

That's an excellent point. I probably take it for granted that in Atlanta I can hop in my car and without too much time or effort track down just about a any store pick I want (assuming I'm avoiding rush hour of course!). 

The point I was really trying to make was just how strange the relationship between price and quality is for Beam products. I think it has always been true to some extent — for example, I never thought Booker's was twice as good as the age stated KC — but it's gotten stranger in my eyes. 

I agree with the strange relationship.  I noticed, for example, that a couple of stores here haVe Booker's back below $55.  I'm still not a buyer there as long as basic KC is $23-25.  BUT, I had such a positive reaction to that 2001, even though its age and proof were above my sweet spot, that I'd just hate to miss something special.  $300 though?  I'd really have to think about it. 

4 minutes ago, Paddy said:

^^^^^If it’s been a while, me thinks you really owe yourself a bottle!:D

I just happen to have to drive to Baltimore next week.  I still have my strip map of the I-95 corridor from several months ago listing MD liquor stores that usually have store picks of all kinds.  Likely, it will be a four hour ride home.:wacko:

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I just happen to have to drive to Baltimore next week.  I still have my strip map of the I-95 corridor from several months ago listing MD liquor stores that usually have store picks of all kinds.  Likely, it will be a four hour ride home.:wacko:

Harry, I know of an OBSV and possibly an ER pick. I’ll shoot you a pm

Edited by Charlutz
  • I like it 1

$349.99 for Booker's 30th, to be released late 2018 - early 2019.  I love Booker's.  The price is not outrageous in light of the current market for premium, limited edition bourbons.  I'm not sure I'll be able to pull the trigger on this release, but I'm not sure I'll be able to pass it up either.           

Dammit, I was a penny off.

Next question is how many bottles will there be?

Would try it in a bar if I could find it but $350 is above my pay grade.  If they did a ten year AS for $100 like the 25th, I'd be all in...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.