Four Roses Limited Edition

Statesboro Blues
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yesterday I saw a 2017 Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch for $179.99. I’m a big fan of the FRSB, but the FRSmB left something to be desired. All of the reviews that I’ve read have been glowing for the LE, but I’ve never come close to paying that much for a bourbon, and I’m very hesitant to do so without a taste test. Opinions? 

1 hour ago, Statesboro Blues said:

Yesterday I saw a 2017 Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch for $179.99. I’m a big fan of the FRSB, but the FRSmB left something to be desired. All of the reviews that I’ve read have been glowing for the LE, but I’ve never come close to paying that much for a bourbon, and I’m very hesitant to do so without a taste test. Opinions? 

The Small Batch Limited Editions are all delicious and far better than the regular Small Batch.  $179.9 is over retail , but I’d consider it at that price.  Retail is around $130.

I don't like FR all that much; not the special releases, not the regular line-up. With that, even I find the 2017 LE worthwhile, in fact some of the best FR in recent memory. $180 is over retail, but it's not unreasonable especially at this time of the year.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m a little late here, but...

The 2017 Four Roses LE is a wonderful bourbon that surprises me with something new every time I sip it. It is a lower rye version, which makes it unique. 

I paid $149 for mine. It was a goal of mine to get it, so it was a worthwhile expense for me. It is a good collector’s item and good enough to build some nice memories. If those things are important to you, I think the expense is worth it. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.