Skipping Work, Grilling & Pouring...

bayouredd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

There are some perks to being your own boss; like skipping work & firing up the Primo...

It didn't take much to grab a pour while the grill was coming up to temp...

1230090694_kcnribs.jpg.42a46f296b69175ff23c7c6b82a193d8.jpg

Baby backs, almost done. 4 hours at 250 to perfection...

ribs.jpg.bb703bb8b52aa33f2dc28f2a6807781a.jpg

The can of grilling beans called for it so, I added a pour of store select Barrel Bourbon, chives, Conecuh sausage & a couple tablespoons of homemade bar-b-que sauce...

1643369703_beannbourbon.jpg.6fe4c66813e7bc9a882cf5889887d65d.jpg

I also had some mixed vegetables w/ ginger & butter & Texas toast. but they were camera shy & didn't make the pics...

• I like it 2

Wow, you're the man.

I'll have to look up those sausages; never heard of that kind before.

10 hours ago, PaulO said:

Wow, you're the man.

I'll have to look up those sausages; never heard of that kind before.

Thanx...

As far as sausage goes, I grew up in Louisiana where sausage is a big deal. I have enjoyed some good brats & Polish sausage from north of the Mason Dixon, but I have to admit that the Conecuh from Alabama, is my favorite of all time.

23 hours ago, bayouredd said:

There are some perks to being your own boss; like skipping work & firing up the Primo...

It didn't take much to grab a pour while the grill was coming up to temp...

1230090694_kcnribs.jpg.42a46f296b69175ff23c7c6b82a193d8.jpg

Baby backs, almost done. 4 hours at 250 to perfection...

ribs.jpg.bb703bb8b52aa33f2dc28f2a6807781a.jpg

The can of grilling beans called for it so, I added a pour of store select Barrel Bourbon, chives, Conecuh sausage & a couple tablespoons of homemade bar-b-que sauce...

1643369703_beannbourbon.jpg.6fe4c66813e7bc9a882cf5889887d65d.jpg

I also had some mixed vegetables w/ ginger & butter & Texas toast. but they were camera shy & didn't make the pics...

Digging the Calandro's PS Barrell-- they're about two miles from my office.

Edited by Marekv8

10 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Thanx...

As far as sausage goes, I grew up in Louisiana where sausage is a big deal. I have enjoyed some good brats & Polish sausage from north of the Mason Dixon, but I have to admit that the Conecuh from Alabama, is my favorite of all time.

I definitely agree with you on Conecuh sausage...it's really good stuff. 

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Thanx...

FWIW, your baby backs look great - nice job of maintaining the temp, obviously.  Also, we have easy access to Bush's around here.  I've been spoiled by them.  We keep a half dozen versions on hand not counting the "Grillin'" line.  So, you take the bourbon out with you?  I have to keep it in the house when grilling or I forget to go inside to coordinate timing.:huh:

On 4/30/2018 at 8:06 PM, bayouredd said:

Lovely looking spread.  I'm going to look for Conecuh sausage - hickory smoked, or the Cajun? 

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, Marekv8 said:

Digging the Calandro's PS Barrell-- they're about two miles from my office.

Wasn't cheap but not bad. I really wished I could make a run to Calandro's on a regular basis. I loved their choices & wished I would not have been such a newb when making that pass. They have a nice variance.

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, musekatcher said:

Lovely looking spread.  I'm going to look for Conecuh sausage - hickory smoked, or the Cajun? 

The regular hickory smoked is a drier sausage & much smaller in diameter.

23 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

FWIW, your baby backs look great - nice job of maintaining the temp, obviously.  Also, we have easy access to Bush's around here.  I've been spoiled by them.  We keep a half dozen versions on hand not counting the "Grillin'" line.  So, you take the bourbon out with you?  I have to keep it in the house when grilling or I forget to go inside to coordinate timing.:huh:

Maintaining the temp is a product of the ceramic grills. I am sorry that it took me so long to discover this. As far as the Bush beans, they are so easy to doctor and make even better. It really doesn't matter which one you start out with; All Good!!!

If your timing is off because of the bourbon at your fingertips, just have another pour & it doesn't much matter about the food.:P

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.