VOB-BIB

Big Rick
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 9/25/2018 at 4:54 PM, TunnelTiger said:

Reading this thread takes me back.  I haven't had any since they removed the 6 year band but with y'alls recommendations I'm going to get one tomorrow.  As a side note 1792 just tastes thin to me.

FWIW, I bunkered quite a few "6 YR" neckies and then some "6" and lately save those and mostly consume "100 proof" issues when in the mood for VOB BIB.  When not paying attention (or otherwise impaired:rolleyes:), I have yanked out a "6 yr" or a "6" when reaching for a "100 proof".  Over the last several years, the only difference I've noticed between the three (other than the labels, of course) during these unforced SBS tests is about the same difference I find between, say, a 2014 OGD BIB and a 2018; or a 2014 anything largely available and its 2018 offering.  That is, differences are limited to batch differences, not profile differences.  YMMV.  Also, I'm with you on 1792s.  I buy an occasional special release but pass on the basics.  I DO NOT pass VOB BIB here as it is not regularly available here.

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Over the last several years, the only difference I've noticed between the three (other than the labels, of course) during these unforced SBS tests is about the same difference I find between, say, a 2014 OGD BIB and a 2018; or a 2014 anything largely available and its 2018 offering.  That is, differences are limited to batch differences, not profile differences.  

Well stated here.

Count me in a a recent convert to VOB BIB.  I finally found a store that had some and thought I would give it a try, even though I didn't care for the regular VOB (86 proof).  The VOB BIB is excellent and I actually ended up going back and getting 2 more bottles.  Hard to beat, especially for the price of $15.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.