Rossville Union Arrived in AZ

Curtis Reed
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I don’t know much about this other than it’s MGP and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to sample this yet? I might pick up a BP bottle this weekend.

IMG_8378.JPG

I'd be interested in the BP too.  Will likely try to trade for a sample once more people get this.

22 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

I don’t know much about this other than it’s MGP and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to sample this yet? I might pick up a BP bottle this weekend.

IMG_8378.JPG

It's MGP bottled by MGP and 4 years old, Rossville Union was the original name for the MGP/LDI/Seagrams distillery. 

Isn't this an MGP owned brand? They seem to be slowly entering the market as a direct distiller/producer rather than just a source for others. 4yo is bare minimum age to consider given I have plenty of MGP rye already and price would also make a difference on my level of interest. 

2 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Isn't this an MGP owned brand? They seem to be slowly entering the market as a direct distiller/producer rather than just a source for others. 4yo is bare minimum age to consider given I have plenty of MGP rye already and price would also make a difference on my level of interest. 

It kinda makes sense that they would start bottling more themselves with more of the crafts weening off MGP and onto their own distillate. Win win for us I think. I would like to know the price too.

10 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

It is an MGP brand indeed.

Edited by flahute
spelling

https://modernthirst.com/2018/05/15/rossville-union-master-crafted-and-barrel-proof-ryes/

Reviews of both ^

I'm sort of interested in the barrel proof, but not likely to spend $70 for a 4 year old rye when I can get Pikesville for $50 any day of the week. $40 is a bit rich for a 4 year 94 proof as well (again, Rittenhouse or Dickel at $25 makes this a hard sell). Good to see MGP doing this in any case though.

Edited by EarthQuake
  • I like it 2

Looks like these are hitting the shelves at lower than MSRP, $29/$52 at TWCP, which is pretty reasonable. If I can find one local for about this price I'll probably snag one!

Edited by EarthQuake

2 minutes ago, EarthQuake said:

Looks like these are hitting the shelves at lower than MSRP, $29/$52 at TWCP, which is pretty reasonable. If I can find one local for about this price I'll probably snag one!

Saw that as well and thought the same thing, I can't think of a sub $60 barrel proof Straight Rye so at that price I'll probably add one to my cart next time I order from TWCP. 

• I like it 1

$52 is pretty reasonable. It’s a little tough to take when I think about paying $40 for SAOS 8 year just a few years ago but that was a good deal even back then. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.