Bringing home the bacon, or bourbon in this case...

Backdoctor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My trip to Kentucky is all set. When I've gone to Napa I usually bring home a few cases of wine. I have a WineCheck, which is a cardboard foam shipper for a case of wine that goes into an insulated "bag" that can zip up and has two wheels and a handle. Now that will work fine for standard 750's, even fatter bottles but things like Angel's Envy and Knob Creek like bottles wont fit. I know Willett Pot definitely wont fit. What do you do for the odd shaped bottles?

How do you get these bottles home? Can you go somewhere to ship them? In California there are plenty of places to ship wine, but I've always just put the foam shippers in baggage. 

Help on this is much appreciated!

Just saw a prior post similar to mine. Still, how do you ship the strange shaped bottles?

10 hours ago, Backdoctor said:

Just saw a prior post similar to mine. Still, how do you ship the strange shaped bottles?

I think if its something you've gotta have, you have no choice but to stop by a Walmart or office store and buy supplies to box it up properly and then ship it home Fedex, etc.

Not trying to discourage you, but dealing with a bottle of willet pot still on my vacation flight doesn't sound like fun at all.

Angel's envy could easily be packed in your suitcase.  Double ziplock bags and wrapped inside clothing.

Willett pot still doesn't fit in anything well.

I always take a cardboard shipper with me when I drive to KY.  Not the same, I know, but some bottles just have to occupy two or three spaces and that's just the way it is.

Edited by 0895

My booze travel bag is packed up and in the car, but I'll send you some shots from Chicago with packing in progress (unless I strike out). 

Here's a handy inflatable unit available on Amazon. As stated above, I'd forget the Willet bottle-- the compound neck-to-shoulder transition snaps just looking at it.

IMG_9307.thumb.JPG.3180c72aef1d9a7d29b2bdc8d816d6d8.JPG

IMG_9309.thumb.JPG.af0b16c307b1bde9872657133221928c.JPG

IMG_9308.thumb.JPG.4e3eee98d3251039d0946e28bd6046d2.JPG

Is the bong bottle Willett not available in your area? Seems like I see them everywhere. I wouldn't even try to ship one of those unless I wanted to dedicate a small well padded case just for that.

The Willett Pot is available here. Is that their only weird bottle? If so, that's ok. But so many weird shaped bourbon bottles out there. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.