Road trip from VA to NY

Skootch77
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I’ve been reading posts here for a while now and appreciate the info and stories. 

A friend and I are driving from VA to the US Open on Long Island in a few weeks.  I imagine we’ll stick to I95/NJ Turnpike. If we wanted to make a couple pit stops along the way, any advice on decent stores near the highway? 

Thanks for for any advice!

13 hours ago, Skootch77 said:

I’ve been reading posts here for a while now and appreciate the info and stories. 

A friend and I are driving from VA to the US Open on Long Island in a few weeks.  I imagine we’ll stick to I95/NJ Turnpike. If we wanted to make a couple pit stops along the way, any advice on decent stores near the highway? 

Thanks for for any advice!

Bayway in Elizabeth would be the best store along that corridor.

• I like it 1

Ha appreciate that. And nope, mostly in Virginia. Skootch is a silly nickname a friend came up with and somehow it stuck. 

Thanks for the recommendation also. I’ll check that place out. 

1 hour ago, Skootch77 said:

Ha appreciate that. And nope, mostly in Virginia. Skootch is a silly nickname a friend came up with and somehow it stuck. 

Thanks for the recommendation also. I’ll check that place out. 

One technique I've used when driving between WashDC and NYC is to use the feature on internet maps allowing me to search for "nearby liquor stores".  Some of those with websites do list store picks and do allow inventory searches.  For example, last May (2017), I spent three days in Tarrytown.  Before I got there, I found a half dozen stores to check out and printed maps from the hotel to them (some on the West side of the Hudson).  I picked up some MSRP Rock Hill Farms, a couple of 4R SPs, and some OGD BIB on sale (30% no less).

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.