Old Forester Decanter

Herbalthought
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So i want to buy a couple of these but need some help from the other side of the pond.

https://imgur.com/a/p5B7Ov1

Was this decanter only released in the 60's ?
What is the general value of the one shown in pic?
I have a chance to buy up to 4 of them but this is way out of my knowledge and comfort zone so wanna make sure im buying what i think i am buying which is a 60's old forester decanter. I feel the fill level is good considering the age.
Many thanks in advance guys and gals

33303737_10215579962427822_37627748918755328_n.jpg

Edited by Herbalthought

I'd want to know if it was cut glass, or leaded crystal.  If it's leaded crystal, there will be a ton of lead that has leached into the bourbon and it would be an easy pass for me.

Edited by starhopper

5 hours ago, starhopper said:

I'd want to know if it was cut glass, or leaded crystal.  If it's leaded crystal, there will be a ton of lead that has leached into the bourbon and it would be an easy pass for me.

Are you sure that applies to 'glass'.     I've heard about ceramics, especially inexpensive ones of some 'older vintages' having lead leaching issues; from the glazing, I believe.    I don't know if this apples to leaded crystal, though. 

Also, I'm doubtful that the 'decanter' shown in the above image would be expected to be anything other than ordinary glass.    The brand is not high-end, nor a special release as far as I can tell, although the packaging and the container certainly lend an upscale aura to the offering.

I am struggling to find info on this at all but i do believe as Rich said its just glass.
I am more interested in knowing if it is from the 60's and not another era?

Also value would be helpful so i dont overpay.

Thanks for your help so far

Buy one.  See how you like it.  If you do, buy more. 

14 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Are you sure that applies to 'glass'.     I've heard about ceramics, especially inexpensive ones of some 'older vintages' having lead leaching issues; from the glazing, I believe.    I don't know if this apples to leaded crystal, though. 

Also, I'm doubtful that the 'decanter' shown in the above image would be expected to be anything other than ordinary glass.    The brand is not high-end, nor a special release as far as I can tell, although the packaging and the container certainly lend an upscale aura to the offering.

It also applies to leaded crystal.  But, hopefully it's just plain old glass as you mentioned.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.