KY Owl rye batch 2?

BottledInBond
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Batch 2 popped up in nashville today and i had to drive down from bowling green to get a bottle. I thought batch 1 was some of the best whiskey ive had... viscous, sweet, sugary mint. I got home with the batch 2 bottle and it is full of large jelly chunks. I understand the whole non-chill filtered thing, but this is extreme, like i could eat it with a spoon. 

3 hours ago, jjjones said:

Batch 2 popped up in nashville today and i had to drive down from bowling green to get a bottle. I thought batch 1 was some of the best whiskey ive had... viscous, sweet, sugary mint. I got home with the batch 2 bottle and it is full of large jelly chunks. I understand the whole non-chill filtered thing, but this is extreme, like i could eat it with a spoon. 

That... doesn't sound right. I'd take it back.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:06 PM, jjjones said:

Try it with a fork, and see if its any better.... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2018 at 8:06 PM, jjjones said:

Any pictures?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2018 at 7:20 PM, jjjones said:

kentucky owl.jpg

I have a bottle of Michters Bourbon that is cloudy like that.  Haven't yet opened it to find out what's up with it.  

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Whiskey Junkie said:

Passed on batch 2 for 175.99.  Have 3 of batch 1 in the bunker at avg of 110.  Also passed on knob creek cask strength for 70.99 but very tempted.

KC CS is under $60 on this side of the Hudson and to my taste well worth it. If that's the best price you can find for it I would say it's still worth it, but if you find yourself venturing off of LI for some reason you might save a few bucks. 

Cracked Batch 2 this evening. It was a 'reasonable' price in the UK, surprisingly, still more than I'd like. But I have to say whilst my memories of Batch 1 are a while ago this is pretty impressive stuff. Very sweet, some bitterness on the finish, and at the lower proof very drinkable. 

• I like it 1

• 2 months later...

So I've started to see the price on this one come down here in the Garden State, a few stores have dropped it to $165 and I have to say that with only two bottles left in the bunker of batch 1, I am kind of tempted, $15 more bucks and I probably would have cracked on the spot. 

1 minute ago, kevinbrink said:

So I've started to see the price on this one come down here in the Garden State, a few stores have dropped it to $165 and I have to say that with only two bottles left in the bunker of batch 1, I am kind of tempted, $15 more bucks and I probably would have cracked on the spot. 

I've run across batch 2 at $139.99, so it might be worth holding your cards. I'll be in NYC next week, and will let you know if I find any deals on it in your area.

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

I've run across batch 2 at $139.99, so it might be worth holding your cards. I'll be in NYC next week, and will let you know if I find any deals on it in your area.

Thanks Dave!

2 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Sorry, I was ten dollars off… even better.

IMG_1287.thumb.jpg.fb07ec6a5962b3ae4da7c8e29c997ce2.jpg

Nice prices all around there!

• I like it 1

Sorry, I was ten dollars off… even better.

IMG_1287.thumb.jpg.fb07ec6a5962b3ae4da7c8e29c997ce2.jpg

Wow, I might even be interested at that price point!
  • I like it 2

On 1/4/2019 at 10:41 AM, kevinbrink said:

Thanks Dave!

Sorry, but I didn’t see a bottle for less than $195.00– with the highest at $299.00. I’ll keep my eyes open elsewhere.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.