BottledInBond

KY Owl rye batch 2?

jjjones

Batch 2 popped up in nashville today and i had to drive down from bowling green to get a bottle. I thought batch 1 was some of the best whiskey ive had... viscous, sweet, sugary mint. I got home with the batch 2 bottle and it is full of large jelly chunks. I understand the whole non-chill filtered thing, but this is extreme, like i could eat it with a spoon. 

Kane
3 hours ago, jjjones said:

Batch 2 popped up in nashville today and i had to drive down from bowling green to get a bottle. I thought batch 1 was some of the best whiskey ive had... viscous, sweet, sugary mint. I got home with the batch 2 bottle and it is full of large jelly chunks. I understand the whole non-chill filtered thing, but this is extreme, like i could eat it with a spoon. 

That... doesn't sound right. I'd take it back.

LCWoody
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:06 PM, jjjones said:

Try it with a fork, and see if its any better.... :rolleyes:

CUfan99
On 7/31/2018 at 8:06 PM, jjjones said:

Any pictures?

jjjones
On 8/14/2018 at 8:45 AM, CUfan99 said:

Any pictures?

kentucky owl.jpg

mikeydk
On 8/15/2018 at 7:20 PM, jjjones said:

kentucky owl.jpg

I have a bottle of Michters Bourbon that is cloudy like that.  Haven't yet opened it to find out what's up with it.  

Whiskey Junkie

Passed on batch 2 for 175.99.  Have 3 of batch 1 in the bunker at avg of 110.  Also passed on knob creek cask strength for 70.99 but very tempted.

kevinbrink
3 minutes ago, Whiskey Junkie said:

Passed on batch 2 for 175.99.  Have 3 of batch 1 in the bunker at avg of 110.  Also passed on knob creek cask strength for 70.99 but very tempted.

KC CS is under $60 on this side of the Hudson and to my taste well worth it. If that's the best price you can find for it I would say it's still worth it, but if you find yourself venturing off of LI for some reason you might save a few bucks. 

beasled

Cracked Batch 2 this evening. It was a 'reasonable' price in the UK, surprisingly, still more than I'd like. But I have to say whilst my memories of Batch 1 are a while ago this is pretty impressive stuff. Very sweet, some bitterness on the finish, and at the lower proof very drinkable. 

• I like it 1