What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (summer 2018)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 minutes ago, anthony. g. said:

its worth the money imo and not a bad price for over here.

can i ask  were you purchased it from? i wouldn't mind bunkering a few bottles

This was Amazon UK - they often seem to drop the prices on this, WT101 and Knob Creek, keep an eye out!

• I like it 1

GBS Elijah Craig PS after getting run inside by a Deep South pop up shower, but now back out in the Sun.  A few cubes in this cuts through the thick humidity.

After a long day of yard work in the heat, this frosty cold 4RYL from the freezer is really enjoyable.

IMAG3452.jpg

• I like it 1

Long day of yard and pool work before heading to KY for work for a few days.  A nice summer evening pour of WT Rare Breed 116.8 proofed down to around 100.  Sounds odd but it is much richer than WT 101.  Debating another pour before officially closing the weekend.

Trying my work raffle winnings tonight. Nothing  particularly wrong with it but nothing particularly right either. Very thin feeling and a slight "varnish" taste on the finish but the mid palate is pleasant enough.  A lot of sweet corn on the front and a flash of vanilla before the varnish kicks in.

20180624_210446-1209x1612.jpg

Edited by Clueby

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

After a long day of yard work in the heat, this frosty cold 4RYL from the freezer is really enjoyable.

IMAG3452.jpg

My man.

I did the same today. It is so satisfying.

• I like it 1

Enjoying a little Henry McKenna 10 tonight.  Still one of the best bourbons under $30, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, beasled said:

Damn you start early! haha

A little pricey early, but it’s World Cup season, that’s a freaking good excuse. In my defense, had only two pours and now I’m done. The other was the Statesman from Old Forester, it’s good, but not as good as the turkey. 

Cheers buddy! 

Will. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

A little pricey early, but it’s World Cup season, that’s a freaking good excuse. In my defense, had only two pours and now I’m done. The other was the Statesman from Old Forester, it’s good, but not as good as the turkey. 

Cheers buddy! 

Will. 

Good enough excuse for me... cheers! 

• I like it 1

Two days into my Europe trip, currently in G’Dansk, and have not seen anything worth purchasing.  Basically a lot of Jack Daniels. Luckily I brought my own and had sone RRSiB, RHF (after a fantastic meal), then killed the Rare Breed. 

Good stuff, but im gonna be out in a day or  two so hope to find something drinkable soon!

D33C5FF7-7A9A-4345-9D7A-E7F278163525.jpeg

• I like it 1

Four Roses OESV from the decanter fits the bill on a rainy evening. 

0BC54695-B3DC-4CA8-8CAD-F2E0E0C22D77.jpeg

B9B35E3F-4AB8-4309-9F74-01899FC35E0C.jpeg

Edited by Radioyada

Enjoying a pour from my first bottle of JD SiB BP while watching my Rays rout the Nats tonight.  (Sorry, Harry.)

Like many others on here, I find this whiskey a pleasant surprise.  It has more character than I expected from a JD product.  And, it certainly drinks below it's proof, IMHO.  Not entirely sure it's worth the $65 I paid for it, but I look forward to further evaluation.

Edited by Swamp55

3 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Four Roses OESV from the decanter fits the bill on a rainy evening. 

0BC54695-B3DC-4CA8-8CAD-F2E0E0C22D77.jpeg

B9B35E3F-4AB8-4309-9F74-01899FC35E0C.jpeg

Drinking the same here - but from a different LS.  good stuff

George T. Stagg 2014 (16 Yr. Old) (138.1 Proof), thanks goes out to @Masset1982 for the chance. Very very nice, very tasty, nice dark/golden amber color, very nice cinnamon, vanilla, very nice sweetness, nice little burn on the finish, very smooth for hazemat, the finish lingers for awhile. I've never seen any here in GJ since 2015.

lmVRGfE.jpg

• I like it 1

Another little SBS with the George T. Stagg 2014 (16 Yr. Old) (138.1 Proof), and some Elijah Craig 12 Yr. Old Barrel Proof (Batch 6) (140.2 Proof). The color, pretty damn close, the ECBP is a little bit darker. The nose is pretty close, lots of vanilla, cinnamon, the GTS is sweeter. The taste of both is very very nice, vanilla, cinnamon, the GTS is sweeter, a mellower burn/finish, but the ECBP has more body/fuller/thicker, but still pretty smooth finish, and lingering.

nkabGer.jpg

• I like it 1

A good pour of WTRB 116 to kick things off tonight. Decided to chase it with some Baby Saz which isn't bourbon I know, but figured what the heck. I'm sure I will open someone nice tomorrow evening to prepare for the wife being out of town for 2 days!

I've kind of warmed up to Larceny.  If nothing else, an easy drinker.  I think if they tweaked it a bit, it could be exceptional.

14 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

George T. Stagg 2014 (16 Yr. Old) (138.1 Proof), thanks goes out to @Masset1982 for the chance. Very very nice, very tasty, nice dark/golden amber color, very nice cinnamon, vanilla, very nice sweetness, nice little burn on the finish, very smooth for hazemat, the finish lingers for awhile. I've never seen any here in GJ since 2015.

lmVRGfE.jpg

13 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Another little SBS with the George T. Stagg 2014 (16 Yr. Old) (138.1 Proof), and some Elijah Craig 12 Yr. Old Barrel Proof (Batch 6) (140.2 Proof). The color, pretty damn close, the ECBP is a little bit darker. The nose is pretty close, lots of vanilla, cinnamon, the GTS is sweeter. The taste of both is very very nice, vanilla, cinnamon, the GTS is sweeter, a mellower burn/finish, but the ECBP has more body/fuller/thicker, but still pretty smooth finish, and lingering.

nkabGer.jpg

Pretty tasty SBS IMHO, you’re right about the ECBP being thicker than the Stagg, batch 6 is epic for sure. Still prefer the Stagg, less woody/oaky, more spicy with nice rye notes, fruity, I get cherry a lot, the nose is unbelievable on the 2014. I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the samples. Feels good to share. Cheers! 

Will

• I like it 1

22 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Pretty tasty SBS IMHO, you’re right about the ECBP being thicker than the Stagg, batch 6 is epic for sure. Still prefer the Stagg, less woody/oaky, more spicy with nice rye notes, fruity, I get cherry a lot, the nose is unbelievable on the 2014. I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the samples. Feels good to share. Cheers! 

Will

I would definitely buy some, if I could find it at MSRP, any day of the week.

Since I was able to pick up additional bottles of RY 10, Stagg Jr., RHF & Blanton's I've been enjoying my existing bottles of the same the past couple of days.  I just hope my new bottle of RY 10 is as good as this one.

• I like it 1

35 minutes ago, gmrv4 said:

P6200968 - Copyemail.JPG

I had the same thing tonight. Although mine was washing down some Blanton's I had when I got home from work.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.