What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (summer 2018)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guys brain fart in my end one of many throughout the day. Was thinking Old Charter 101, not Old Ezra 101. Sorry.

With that said I just passed a full shelf of Old Ezra 101 at $22, hmmm.

Looking forward to giving this a try for the first time tonight courtesy of a new bourbon buddy. Heard good things about it.

20180926_164514.jpg

• I like it 2

Having a good BM Reserve. Classic LDI/MGP Bourbon. Good enough that when I’m back in TX I’ll pick up another bottle. 0FF07FF9-8B5A-4E4C-8875-024C848D3583.thumb.jpeg.1dbcc71b3fdbf075bdb156227a085227.jpeg

• I like it 3

47 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Having a good BM Reserve. Classic LDI/MGP Bourbon. Good enough that when I’m back in TX I’ll pick up another bottle. 0FF07FF9-8B5A-4E4C-8875-024C848D3583.thumb.jpeg.1dbcc71b3fdbf075bdb156227a085227.jpeg

I want a bottle of this. 

A fellow bourbon fiend was nice enough to pick up the OC101 for me a couple weeks back finally got it today and opened it. It’s basically what you’d expect very sweet nose with that typical dried cherry that I get from BT products. Not much going on on the palate or finish, a little heat. It’s perfectly acceptable for the price and like that it’s bottled at 101.

The OC 8yr clock dial, hate the proof but love everything else about. Mixing 1:1 with the OC101 I think I like the blend and may vat a larger batch.

Was going to open Stagg Jr as well for more blending but they’ll have to wait.

IMG_5282.JPG

• I like it 3

Had a hankerin' for an old fashioned to top of an old fashioned sh!t show at work.  Opted for some JB Double Oak as the star of the show, and no regrets!

Can we "close" the 'Summer' version of this thread and move into the already existing Autumn one?    Just wonderin'.... ^_^

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.