What Bourbon did you purchase today (summer 2018)

mfly86
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 6/23/2018 at 6:54 AM, CardsandBourbon said:

Sitting outside LB in E'town right now, I'm 4th in line so my first summer purchase is going to be either Stagg Jr., Rockhill or RY 10.

So what was the early morning line for? Do they put their allocated stuff out on the shelf on certain days? If so, is RY 10 one of them? I don't see it in a lot of stores around me but the ones that have it keep it 4 or 5 deep. It's good stuff by the way.

I was fortunate to find a fellow SBr that lives in Scotland and we agreed to meet while I was there on a golf trip. He traded me 2 Blanton”s SFTBs for 1 Old Fitz BIB decanter, 1 Old Forrester 1920 and a HMk .   He even drove over to St Andrews to meet me. We had dinner and a great conversation.    I never could have found these without his help.    Planning to open one this weekend. 

image.jpg

• I like it 5

SA Contradiction for $35 from TW as I passed back thru L-ville.  Couldn't pass up at $ 15-35 off anyplace I've seen it so far.

Also picked up a very smooth KC sib ps from Caesar's in Memphis on the way up ($39).

On 6/23/2018 at 10:17 PM, CardsandBourbon said:

And the winner was . . . Rockhill Farms, and because there were so few people in line I got back in line and picked up a Stagg Jr., then got back in line and picked up a RY 10 y.o. and then got in line but didn't see anything else up front that I wanted.  Getting ready to head home when I saw a guy going towards the front of the store with a Blanton's so I asked if they had anymore and the very nice lady went to the back and come back with a bottle.  Here is my total haul for the day.

Resized_20180623_102934_1552.jpg

It figures - I move away and LB-E starts getting more, and a short line too.  I'm still on the LB email list, rubbing salt in the wound with every announcement..

Bought this from a friend of a friend today. Not much info online that I've found, but I love Turkey and figured it was worth collecting. 

ADsiqKq.jpg

8Plo1Zj.jpg

7m1dnTb.jpg

L5pkdUc.jpg

Edited by Cigars&Bourbon
  • I like it 3

Just now, Cigars&Bourbon said:

Bought this from a friend of a friend today. Not much info online that I've found, but I love Turkey and figured it was worth collecting.

ADsiqKq.jpg

8Plo1Zj.jpg

7m1dnTb.jpg

L5pkdUc.jpg

That is a great score. Everything I've read says those early 108 proof batches were the best of the WTRB, which is saying a lot. Cheers to you. 

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, JCwhammie said:

That is a great score. Everything I've read says those early 108 proof batches were the best of the WTRB, which is saying a lot. Cheers to you. 

Thanks! Paid $100 and I saw the same set on eBay, without the juice, sell for $50. Figured I came out pretty well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332675391341?rmvSB=true

Mail call. 

(Sorry in advance to any Ohio guys. I got a jones for some warehouse B ).

4B4CB383-0CE6-4903-92B2-7A50895445C4.jpeg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Cigars&Bourbon said:

ADsiqKq.jpg

8Plo1Zj.jpg

7m1dnTb.jpg

L5pkdUc.jpg

That's some nice shit.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Between the 108 and 112 I'll take the 108, that shit was pretty good. I've not had the 116 yet.

5 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

So what was the early morning line for? Do they put their allocated stuff out on the shelf on certain days? If so, is RY 10 one of them? I don't see it in a lot of stores around me but the ones that have it keep it 4 or 5 deep. It's good stuff by the way.

He lives in Kentucky where anything mildly desirable is allocated. 

The Motherland - so close and yet, so far away.

WTRB Batch 03 was indeed fantastic, good score. I myself just opened my last bottle of it and am clinging for life

• I like it 1

My first bottler of Weller 12 and looking forwards to comparing it to OWA. I just don’t understand the use of a cheap bottle top.
IMG_5145.JPG

10 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Mail call. 

(Sorry in advance to any Ohio guys. I got a jones for some warehouse B ).

4B4CB383-0CE6-4903-92B2-7A50895445C4.jpeg

I was able to score one same rickhouse and floor as yours just a different barrel. There where 8 barrels that went to 7 stores around the state. They all sold out within two hours. Id like to know what you think of yours. I've yet to open mine.

Edited by Barrel Aged Buckeye

On 6/25/2018 at 5:04 PM, CUfan99 said:

21 hours ago, flahute said:

He lives in Kentucky where anything mildly desirable is allocated. 

The Motherland - so close and yet, so far away.

I get an email from LB when they are doing releases.  It's always on a Saturday morning and you get it line and it's first come, first served, one bottle limit, but you can get back in line and sometimes score a second bottle.  For some odd reason there were only 19 people in line so I just kept going back to the line.  I know this will be seen as sacrilege to Joe buy I actually passed on some W12 to get the bottles I did.

Picked up some BM 10y/o SiB last week and enjoyed it so much that I simply had to buy another for the bunker...

WP_20180625_015.jpg

Finally picked up a Wild Turkey Decades.  After seeing it in the store for so long, it wore me down.  And an early 40th birthday present to myself (or that's the excuse I keep telling myself!)

I found Decades to be pretty amazing when family had it at Christmas, so I figured I need one of my own.

• I like it 2

On 6/26/2018 at 6:08 AM, pancakedan said:

My first bottler of Weller 12 and looking forwards to comparing it to OWA. I just don’t understand the use of a cheap bottle top.
IMG_5145.JPG

Hope you enjoy the comparison to OWA.  I prefer the higher proof of OWA personally.

Do corks really make better closures?  I doubt it.  Corks go bad, but they are seen as a symbol of quality for some reason.  McKenna just switched to a cork....

While we all value the Weller line, and often pay dearly for it, it isn't priced at a premium from BT.  The screwtop seems appropriate considering the price point from the distillery.

• I like it 1

Booker's Batch 18-02, "Backyard BBQ", 128.8pf - $59.99 OTD ($100/btl my arse!).  Pics to follow . . . . . . 

• I like it 1

Well the price of curiosity is apparently $105. 
y4md1o2rVKlky9J0SEsrBN-knwsOKcmOejY6GS-mIdGlj0Na-exIUv5tocp0IuHP1nOWVAOw1gvYRNCnyDpDizexcL7gEM2WT7mn4E55iWDTJcg42VZga0Fp386Yb8BMnazbTIP1l148UTNilOrR6j8ByDuG-jKcfzS2dSiwOjGlV_TnD6CZ9NzjGHrgSV43Rj3Eg69Jzh7SUVzMB0uUUFocQ?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none

My price was just a few dollars more, but I was happy to get my curiosity met at a decent retail price relative to the distillery suggested retail price.

Finally picked up a Wild Turkey Decades.  After seeing it in the store for so long, it wore me down.  And an early 40th birthday present to myself (or that's the excuse I keep telling myself!)

I found Decades to be pretty amazing when family had it at Christmas, so I figured I need one of my own.

It is good stuff...I just wish it wasn’t quite so pricey, but it is readily available because of the price.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.