Barton Collapse

Fishin49er
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Already got a salesman trying to hype this today “you never know how it’s going to affect availability”. Never let a crisis go to waste

One of the local stores was cleaned out of standard 1792 this morning.  The liquor manager told me the buyer cleared the shelf and told her about the rickhouse collapse.

Edited by mbroo5880i

2 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Doesn't Barton/1792 keep Brandy, as well Bourbon... and, maybe other spirits that require aging?     I know they bottle a large and varied list of other spirits for many brands other than their own Barton and 1792.

Yes. And there's likely a mix of all the spirits they age in each rickhouse as they like to spread things out to guard against incidents just like this.

18 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

One of the local stores was cleaned out of standard 1792 this morning.  The liquor manager told me the buyer cleared the shelf and told her about the rickhouse collapse.

I've heard similar stories from other cities.

What a bunch of freaking idiots. Won't they be surprised when Barton's stocks aren't effected at all and they're left sitting on all these bottles they bought hoping to flip.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

IMG_20180623_104715.jpg

^^^ HA!    Heeee-Heeeeeeeee!   Good one. 

I assume it's in the worx already; but maybe not yet bottled quite so soon.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

IMG_20180623_104715.jpg

Not sure which is more impressive.  Your whiskey collection or your album collection.  I can see what whiskey you have but it is difficult to read your album titles. 

Not my pic. Id like to think my whiskey collection is better. I know my album collection is better.

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Doesn't Barton/1792 keep Brandy, as well Bourbon... and, maybe other spirits that require aging?     I know they bottle a large and varied list of other spirits for many brands other than their own Barton and 1792.

Yes this, and it was alluded to in one of the articles covering the collapse. No doubt bourbon is involved but its very likely not 100% of what was againg in that warehouse.

• 2 weeks later...

By the power vested in me, I hereby call a complete and total moratorium on any new references to any cutesy naming of future Barton releases that may come from these fallen barrels, like what occurred with the initial collapse.  

Just in case anyone is wondering, I merged the two threads pertaining to this topic. 

Biba! Joe

Not really unexpected; but, a bummer, nonetheless.    :(

Hopefully, Barton/1792/Saz doesn't lose too much stock in the final analysis.   ...And, hopefully the losses won't turn out to all be bourbon.

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Just in case anyone is wondering, I merged the two threads pertaining to this topic. 

Biba! Joe

OMG, Buffalo Bob, where was I?  I missed this completely.  Not the collapse - the merger.  Gotta spend more time with the Business Section I guess.

Now, then, before the fireworks start, I got to get on a ladder to reach the VOB BIB "100 proof" I picked up last month.

7 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

By the power vested in me, I hereby call a complete and total moratorium on any new references to any cutesy naming of future Barton releases that may come from these fallen barrels, like what occurred with the initial collapse.  

Aww c'mon...there HAS to be a 4th of July/Freedom Edition/Make Bourbon Great Again release! ????

On 7/4/2018 at 8:29 PM, Richnimrod said:

Not really unexpected; but, a bummer, nonetheless.    :(

Hopefully, Barton/1792/Saz doesn't lose too much stock in the final analysis.   ...And, hopefully the losses won't turn out to all be bourbon.

I had read somewhere that the upper floors typically stores brandy, so I don’t think it will all be bourbon. 

Hopefully even with the collapse they can salvage a good amount of the barrels. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I am happy to say that the mess at Barton's is all cleaned up. I fly over the site every time I fly out of or into Bardstown as they are only a mile or so east of the airport. All that remains of the collapsed structure is a pile of broken timbers. About 90% of the barrels were saved and are now located among the other rickhouses. Those that perished have found their way to an environmentally safe disposal site.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.