What bottle(s) did you open today? Summer 2018

elmossle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Opened a bottle of John J Bowman as I sit down to watch a little football. Really like this bourbon and it has become one of my daily drinkers.

IMG_9001.thumb.JPG.ffe4e14a3fcbcf68ce407d8327c44c17.JPG

Wish that could be a daily drinker for me. Can be pretty hard to find around here sometimes. I’ll join you in popping one open though since there were 6 at the store. Three joined me at home so I don’t feel bad at all about cracking one.
  • I like it 2

My first grandson was born last week so this weekend after some delicious steaks I told my son to pick from the un-opened bottles one we can open in celebration. This is what he chose... IT IS AMAZING... We switched to Stagg jr. to go with the celebratory cigars... ?

Al Young.jpg

• I like it 5

Opened up a Redemption 9yr High Rye Boubon old style bottle, batch #1.  It's sporting classic MGP non chill filtered goodness.  It's a real winner, with the drawback being the high price.  Smooth Ambler, how I miss you so.

I miss walking into NASA and reviewing the spreadsheet of over 25 different barrels they had to choose from.

Realized last night that no bottles were open in my cabinet. This is the first time ever that I’ve been in this situation. Had to do something about it!

Cheers, Jeff

F56689B5-6FAD-4EA5-8130-FDDB0261671D.thumb.jpeg.18041c4448033248cd24366d1aa4910f.jpeg

• I like it 7

33 minutes ago, Louisiana said:

Realized last night that no bottles were open in my cabinet. This is the first time ever that I’ve been in this situation. Had to do something about it!

Cheers, Jeff

F56689B5-6FAD-4EA5-8130-FDDB0261671D.thumb.jpeg.18041c4448033248cd24366d1aa4910f.jpeg

Well jeez Jeff you could at least open something good...

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Louisiana said:

Cheers, Jeff

The important thing is that you kept you head and didn't panic and open an ordinary bottle...  :lol:

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Louisiana said:

Cheers, Jeff

That-a-boy....

• I like it 1

On 9/17/2018 at 10:39 AM, JTaylor said:

My first grandson was born last week so this weekend after some delicious steaks I told my son to pick from the un-opened bottles one we can open in celebration. This is what he chose... IT IS AMAZING... We switched to Stagg jr. to go with the celebratory cigars... ?

Al Young.jpg

Attaboy!!!!

Congrats to you all, and, yes - an amazing whiskey.

• I like it 1

GTS 129.2 proof.  My first BTAC to open.  Now I get the hoopla, :-)...........................

Cheers

• I like it 5

This isn’t bad. Lots of ethanol on the nose, very light in color, but sweet with a lot of vanilla on the palate. Finish is short, but not bad for a $22 bourbon. IMG_9039.JPG

All in all, drinkable

11 hours ago, kaiserhog said:

Wild Turkey 101 to help me get through Arkansas' latest debacle of a football game.

Auburn is good, but Hogs should be better.  Change your mojo, and go to Whistle Pig?   

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Auburn is good, but Hogs should be better.  Change your mojo, and go to Whistle Pig?   

Nice.  WP ougtta be the best selling rye in Fayetteville

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

You are right about that.  New coach has to dig out of mess left by the previous one.  Just hope to get better one game at a time.

23 hours ago, Kepler said:

Nice.  WP ougtta be the best selling rye in Fayetteville

Absolutely, will look for it at Liquor World in Fayetteville.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.