Sign in to follow this  
TheRookie

Heaven Hill...

TheRookie

Nobody has mentioned the 27yr yet? Any thoughts on this one. I've been exploring the probability of the relationship between this set of barrels and the ones Willett released earlier this year. I've tasted 3 of the 4 and if this HH is anything like it...it's gonna be pretty good.

Kpiz

For anyone who'd like to see the press release: https://heavenhill.com/detail/316

I'm intrigued, but I won't be hunting down or purchasing a bottle unless some members of my local whiskey drinking crew want to do a bottle split.

Are you suggesting that the Willett barrels were ones that HH decided not to use for this release?

TheRookie
1 hour ago, Kpiz said:

Are you suggesting that the Willett barrels were ones that HH decided not to use for this release?

No. Sorry if that's how it seemed. It's pretty General that Willett undoubtedly bought some pre fire barrels from HH. A lot of speculation lead many to assert the 27yr WFE releases were HH pre fire stock. Just wondering what the consensus was with this one...price tag aside, I'm interested. 

Kpiz
1 hour ago, TheRookie said:

No. Sorry if that's how it seemed. It's pretty General that Willett undoubtedly bought some pre fire barrels from HH. A lot of speculation lead many to assert the 27yr WFE releases were HH pre fire stock. Just wondering what the consensus was with this one...price tag aside, I'm interested. 

Ah gotcha. Not your fault, I made too large a leap based on your comment.

The Willett barrels being pre-fire HH distillate certainly seems possible to me. I'm guessing they are much different in flavor profile than the HH release will be, though. IIRC those Willetts were high proof (130+) while this HH release looks to be <100, so they were probably stored in completely different conditions. Will probably still be pretty tasty though! Extra-aged HH bourbon tends to agree quite well with my palate.

musekatcher

I'd love to try it.  At ~90 proof, is this a 27 year version of green label? 

smokinjoe
35 minutes ago, musekatcher said:

I'd love to try it.  At ~90 proof, is this a 27 year version of green label? 

What is green label?

24 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

What is green label?

approximately half of red label

;)

musekatcher
10 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

What is green label?

image.png.e82792e8e38ba807478583ad772e00a0.png

LCWoody

I would have to think that if HH is putting out a 27y its going to be very good. My mind keeps going to Parkers 27y, and I know he is gone, and it probably want be the exact profile, but it should be close. If I get the chance I'm sure Ill buy one.  (Parkers 27y is one of my favorites)