What bourbon did you pass on (summer/fall) 2018

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In the Philippines currently, 1000ml bulleit for $26 us. I don't need any but was interesting to see that here.

• I like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think my post about this was one that got deleted in last night's crash.

I could have been 40% of the way through collecting all 10 recipes in one stop. They were on sale for $59.99. I'm not a member of the cult despite 0895's efforts.

20180801_183642-1612x784.jpg

• I like it 3

Skipped batch 2 rye and batch 8 bourbon  ... if I didn’t buy a RHF and EHT barrel proof last week I would probably of bought the bourbon 

37ECB33E-8CCF-4EA5-A080-991D5BF55FF6.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 8/2/2018 at 8:55 PM, Clueby said:

I think my post about this was one that got deleted in last night's crash.

I could have been 40% of the way through collecting all 10 recipes in one stop. They were on sale for $59.99. I'm not a member of the cult despite 0895's efforts.

20180801_183642-1612x784.jpg

...and I'd posted that that place is a gold mine. They have both Qs and the OESK, my favorites, and some of the most difficult o find.

Passed on a RHF today that would have been at retail.  I have had two bottles in the recent past, and was thinking it was just ok.  Now I am second guessing the decision.

• I like it 1

ECBP at $299. The highest I've seen so far. After a 2 min walk down the street there's a big store with a full shelf at $69 a piece. Don't these guys do any reconnaissance?

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Kane said:

ECBP at $299. The highest I've seen so far. After a 2 min walk down the street there's a big store with a full shelf at $69 a piece. Don't these guys do any reconnaissance?

What batch was it?  I haven't seen the ECBP B518 locally, but did manage to find several in Florida.  Unfortunately, one disappeared after 2 nights of de-briefing at a swim meet in St. Petersburg (heh, heh).

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Passed on a RHF today that would have been at retail.  I have had two bottles in the recent past, and was thinking it was just ok.  Now I am second guessing the decision.

I think it's the best MB#2 available in US. 

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, GeeTen said:

What batch was it?  I haven't seen the ECBP B518 locally, but did manage to find several in Florida.  Unfortunately, one disappeared after 2 nights of de-briefing at a swim meet in St. Petersburg (heh, heh).

GeeTen, you worry me using de-briefing and swim meet in the same sentence.  Care to clarify? ????????

• I like it 6

7 hours ago, GeeTen said:

They were all the latest (?) C-something batch. I don't think I've ever seen a B either.

13 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

GeeTen, you worry me using de-briefing and swim meet in the same sentence.  Care to clarify? ????????

At large swim meets, officials will sometimes meet after the evening's Finals session at their hotel lobby to "discuss" the day's events, unwind and share a libation or two before heading off to bed.  Liquid refreshment may vary from a soft drink to a glass of wine, to a bottle (or more) of ECBP Batch B518.  BTW, we all adhere to a "No Alcohol" policy between Prelims and Finals (unlike our Canadian friends in Quebec who wheel in wine, beer and cheese on deck for their de-briefing sessions!).  It does help to create a sense of camaraderie among volunteers who work long hour in often difficult conditions (outdoor pools in St. Petersburg, FL or Clovis, CA in July/August) for the benefit of our sport.  But sometimes, morning wake-ups come waaay too early . . . . . . 

HTH,

F.

8-)

Edited by GeeTen

On 8/3/2018 at 9:22 PM, Radioyada said:

I have only found 1 bottle years ago in Va.   Unfortunately NCABC refuses to bring it in.   Ive never found any in all my travels so I’m sure I would have grabbed 1 or 2 bottles.

Russell's 2002 for $699.00 at the Vegas airport. She asked me how many I wanted her to pack up. Nice.

Similar to New York in that Scotch prices are blown away by bourbon.

IMG_0624.thumb.JPG.542c5b5a03d6453ddd7316d3665b0928.JPG

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Russell's 2002 for $699.00 at the Vegas airport. She asked me how many I wanted her to pack up. Nice.

Hang on, they had WPS in the case??

42 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

It appears so.  I have found that a lot of stores where owners don't know much about bourbon put WPS in the case because the bottle looks cool.

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Sure, and the kicker is that it's the signature "least likely to survive air travel" bottle. Didn't price check that one-- sorry.

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Sure, and the kicker is that it's the signature "least likely to survive air travel" bottle. Didn't price check that one-- sorry.

I can’t help but think of the Queen song ‘fat bottom girls’ when I see that bottle. Takes up too much real estate in the cabinet. 

17 hours ago, GeeTen said:

At large swim meets, officials will sometimes meet after the evening's Finals session at their hotel lobby to "discuss" the day's events, unwind and share a libation or two before heading off to bed.  Liquid refreshment may vary from a soft drink to a glass of wine, to a bottle (or more) of ECBP Batch B518.  BTW, we all adhere to a "No Alcohol" policy between Prelims and Finals (unlike our Canadian friends in Quebec who wheel in wine, beer and cheese on deck for their de-briefing sessions!).  It does help to create a sense of camaraderie among volunteers who work long hour in often difficult conditions (outdoor pools in St. Petersburg, FL or Clovis, CA in July/August) for the benefit of our sport.  But sometimes, morning wake-ups come waaay too early . . . . . . 

HTH,

F.

8-)

I think Cards was hoping it was a naked swim meet.

9 hours ago, flahute said:

Huh - that never crossed my mind.  I wonder what else he dreams about at night . . . . . . . (heh, heh).

In WashingtonDC for a shoot, stopped into a local shop before dinner. Lotsa EHT BP for 150, EC BP A118 for 150, & 4G for 499.

Went looking for Blantons SFTB while at Duty Free in Punta Cana.  None to be found, but they did have normal Blantons @ $59.00. 

Bought nothing.

Spoiler

On 8/5/2018 at 9:17 PM, flahute said:

On 8/6/2018 at 6:31 AM, GeeTen said:

Huh - that never crossed my mind.  I wonder what else he dreams about at night . . . . . . . (heh, heh).

Flahute, you got me figured out.  GeeTen I would tell you what I dream about at night but 2 things, 1, my wife would kill me if she ever read the post and 2, the big guy would ban me from the forum. ????????

• I like it 1

On 8/5/2018 at 11:15 AM, Marekv8 said:

I also passed on a RR2002 but at $250. I recently bought Revival and as good as that was, I just can’t justify spending double on a bottle that doesn’t really warrant that price tag. I’m sure many would kill to get it at that price 

18 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

GeeTen I would tell you what I dream about at night but 2 things, 1, my wife would kill me if she ever read the post and 2, the big guy would ban me from the forum. ????????

Yikes!  8-)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.