Family road trip liquor store stops

Achair34
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello, I will be taking a family road trip to the following cities and would like any info on good liquor stores for the following cities. Also wanted to know if the duty free shop at the border is worth stopping at. Thank you. 

Detroit

Toronto

Montreal

Quebec City

Are you coming on 94 from Chicago to Detroit? In Ann Arbor, there is a shop called Tippin's that has a lot of nice store picks. It's not far out of your way. I always stop there when driving through.

You aren't likely to find much at Duty Free or in Canada (especially harder to find bottles and it will be much more expensive).

Duty Free at the Ambassador Bridge doesn't usually have doodly for Bourbon.    Scotches? ...maybe a few worth the looksee, as well as assorted other drams; some at decent prices.

2 hours ago, silverc said:

Are you coming on 94 from Chicago to Detroit? In Ann Arbor, there is a shop called Tippin's that has a lot of nice store picks. It's not far out of your way. I always stop there when driving through.

You aren't likely to find much at Duty Free or in Canada (especially harder to find bottles and it will be much more expensive).

Yes, we are coming from Chicago and we will be going across on 94. Thank you for the recommendation. I will give it a shot. 

9 hours ago, silverc said:

I concur with silverc. Tippins is great. When are you going? Tippins currently has an EC, 1792 & KC rye SB for store picks but they will have Weller 107 and some 4roses barrel strength store picks coming in the next couple months. I’ve tried their 4R, KC120 and RR store picks and they are all solid. Ideal to go on Wed when they get their shipment. Happy hunting!

3 hours ago, Adam777 said:

I concur with silverc. Tippins is great. When are you going? Tippins currently has an EC, 1792 & KC rye SB for store picks but they will have Weller 107 and some 4roses barrel strength store picks coming in the next couple months. I’ve tried their 4R, KC120 and RR store picks and they are all solid. Ideal to go on Wed when they get their shipment. Happy hunting!

We’re leaving Chicago Friday morning and then should be back through Ann Arbor again the following Sunday.  So I won’t make it on a Wednesday, but I’ll definitely stop in to see what they have. Thank you

Plan your route. Then do a google search for liquor stores along/near your route. Print out the results of your liquor store search. There ya’ go. You’re all set depending on how much time you have. Another tip here, if any of the liquor stores along your route have websites, be sure to check them out. Enjoy and have fun. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Joe - you forgot one other factor we've both had the good fortune of....... a spouse who is also a "spotter" and lets you know of stores we would've otherwise missed. :) 

Since this is a family road trip, it behooves you to buy the family size of whatever you purchase.

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Joe - you forgot one other factor we've both had the good fortune of....... a spouse who is also a "spotter" and lets you know of stores we would've otherwise missed. :) 

I knew I was forgetting something. :unsure:

Biba! Joe

8 hours ago, flahute said:

Since this is a family road trip, it behooves you to buy the family size of whatever you purchase.

Heehee!  Achair will simply be an admirable “family man” for doing so!  :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.