Louisville Bourbon Bar question

kenton71
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Good morning,

Traveling to Louisville in September with a friend and I have some names of a few bars/restaurants to try; however, I was wondering if there is one in particular that has a selection of older (ie. 1950's and/or earlier) bourbon.  We are just interested in sampling a couple for the the heck of it. 

Thank you,

CM  

42 minutes ago, kenton71 said:

Good morning,

Traveling to Louisville in September with a friend and I have some names of a few bars/restaurants to try; however, I was wondering if there is one in particular that has a selection of older (ie. 1950's and/or earlier) bourbon.  We are just interested in sampling a couple for the the heck of it. 

Thank you,

CM  

With the  recent change in KY law, there may be several who never had such options, whom now do have 'em.    Websites?   Phone calls?   I'd do eval on a site-by-site basis.

1 hour ago, kenton71 said:

Good morning,

Thank you,

CM  

I am not familiar with anywhere in Louisville that has any sort of extensive “vintage” list currently. The best places in Louisville tend to have pretty complete LE selections within the last couple years but that’s about it. And the pricing has gotten just stupid for the most part. As noted by Richnimrod above the new law change for vintage spirit sales may change that but I don’t think it has yet. 

Silver Dollar has a vintage list.  It's pricey.

1941 Old Hermitage rye LB 5yr - $320.

1955 Chapin and Gore Old Reserve 6yr - $100.

Haymarket also has some vintage stuff, but it changes.

Thank you for the input folks.  Richnimrod- thanks- as we closer I will certainly take your advise.

Best to all.

CM

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.