Limestone Branch (yellowstone)

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bought a bottle of the yellowstone select 93 today as it was on sale. I checked out their website when I got home. I knew they were started by Beams but didn't realize they had a history with JW Dant and Early Times. Interesting history as well as a cool video on their site. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2018 at 5:46 PM, FasterHorses said:

Bought a bottle of the yellowstone select 93 today as it was on sale. I checked out their website when I got home. I knew they were started by Beams but didn't realize they had a history with JW Dant and Early Times. Interesting history as well as a cool video on their site. 

I like their packaging. How is it?

3 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

I like their packaging. How is it?

Ive had it a couple years ago and liked it fine. This bottle was awful. Couldve been my palate but it tasted like rubbing alcohol

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Ive had it a couple years ago and liked it fine. This bottle was awful. Couldve been my palate but it tasted like rubbing alcohol

Wow, I had that bottle in my hand yesterday! Looks like you kept me from falling on my sword, here...

1 hour ago, bayouredd said:

Wow, I had that bottle in my hand yesterday! Looks like you kept me from falling on my sword, here...

Is it possible you got an old version of Yellowstone? The only reason to buy that stuff was as a souvenir, never-to-be-opened, of a visit to the national park. The new Y-stone gets quite favorable reviews. (Just butting in with an unjustified opinion. Have not yet had the new iteration.)

20 minutes ago, Flyfish said:

Is it possible you got an old version of Yellowstone? The only reason to buy that stuff was as a souvenir, never-to-be-opened, of a visit to the national park. The new Y-stone gets quite favorable reviews. (Just butting in with an unjustified opinion. Have not yet had the new iteration.)

No worries...

Butt in all you want, my friend. Being so new on the bourbon scene, I listen to all opinions, put them on a scale & weigh what my next choice will be; and I never hold one's opinion against them. This is what makes all of this so much fun. Your opinion, just make me open my mind a bit more.

I find that Yellowstone Select is a decent bourbon, but nothing special. The Yellowstone Limited finished in charred wine casks is actually quite nice, but a bit pricey.

I was given a bottle of the Yellowstone Select a couple years ago. Not bad, but unremarkable to my taste. Definitely not something I would buy at full price. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.