Lottery

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 minute ago, 0895 said:

Ha!

Well pack that ER17 in your bag when you come.

It'll be a heck of a party.

:)

It's a deal.

• 10 months later...

Bringing this back from the dead.  PA finally opened up the Limited Release Lottery with BTAC 2019 + 2020, RHF, Micherter's 20 yr, 2020 OFBB, and Double Eagle Very Rare.

I put in for all of them just to see what happens.  My only interests are the RHF, GTS, WLW, or ER17.  I'm fine passing on the rest.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,

• I like it 1

19 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

Bringing this back from the dead.  PA finally opened up the Limited Release Lottery with BTAC 2019 + 2020, RHF, Micherter's 20 yr, 2020 OFBB, and Double Eagle Very Rare.

I put in for all of them just to see what happens.  My only interests are the RHF, GTS, WLW, or ER17.  I'm fine passing on the rest.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,

They had some BTAC left over from last year, thought that was interesting.

47 minutes ago, geclbxf said:

Yep, looks like in much greater quantities too.  Not holding my breath but cool they let us in on it.

5 hours ago, geclbxf said:

The bottles politicians and other bigwigs never picked up... ?

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

The bottles politicians and other bigwigs never picked up... ?

Last summer (2019) a rep just showed up with a bunch of Pappy , BTAC, etc.., at a store somewhat near. The store manager was even a bit surprised. The speculation amongst a few of us was that the distributor may have been holding back stuff for bars and restaurants. Sales weren’t as good as expected, and a few of us accidentally benefited from that. I wonder if liquor stores might see a few more “special” bottles this year since many restaurants have had to curtail their business due to Covid-19?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 4:41 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Last summer (2019) a rep just showed up with a bunch of Pappy , BTAC, etc.., at a store somewhat near. The store manager was even a bit surprised. The speculation amongst a few of us was that the distributor may have been holding back stuff for bars and restaurants. Sales weren’t as good as expected, and a few of us accidentally benefited from that. I wonder if liquor stores might see a few more “special” bottles this year since many restaurants have had to curtail their business due to Covid-19?

Biba! Joe

I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, I heard this is likely not happening this year, at least in Illinois. A lot of restaurants are selling sealed bottles now and apparently reps and distro are supporting this in light of them not making much money and may actually give them more than usual to sell. 

• I like it 1

On 11/20/2020 at 9:49 AM, Supercharger said:

I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, I heard this is likely not happening this year, at least in Illinois. A lot of restaurants are selling sealed bottles now and apparently reps and distro are supporting this in light of them not making much money and may actually give them more than usual to sell. 

I was fortunate enough to get my first and only WLW in May this year.  I think it was a covid restaurant bottle, but I was glad to give it a home!

• I like it 2

On 11/20/2020 at 11:11 AM, PhantomLamb said:

Well, got the email, I didn't win a thing.  On to the Pappy lottery!

My son did not win this year either, did you see more than 100K entries?   WOW

On 11/21/2020 at 4:19 PM, geclbxf said:

My son did not win this year either, did you see more than 100K entries?   WOW

Yep, not surprised, it's just gotten out of hand.  Better than paying marked up secondary market prices though, I guess.

7 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Yep, not surprised, it's just gotten out of hand.  Better than paying marked up secondary market prices though, I guess.

Probably the same odds as finding in the wild at MSRP

7 minutes ago, SteveoT said:

If you had to choose one....

7ECB82AB-6301-48B9-BE5D-4902697E649F.jpeg

Probably the EC18, followed by Blanton's and Blanton's Gold, followed by the Weller trio.  Assuming all at retail.

7 minutes ago, SteveoT said:

Woah. I choose WT101. CR Peach? What has the world come to. 

More seriously, I’d go for the EC18 if I had to.

Man, am I grumpy. I’ll be an insufferable person in 10 years. 

Edited by Kane
  • I like it 1

22 minutes ago, SteveoT said:

I really like the taste of Blanton's Gold, but at US MSRP it's an all out ripoff, so I'd pass on that.

I don't care for uber aged HH so I'd have to pass on the EC18 as well.

I have plenty of HMcK10 so I personally pass on that one - although I'm a fan.

Also have cases of HH6BiB so the new 7 year version at 4 times the price (or more) is an outright INSULT if you ask me. (Don't anybody buy that shit sandwich bottle, just on principle!)

For me the only thing that's quality & value enough here to pull the trigger on at msrp is Weller 12, ETL and CEHT small batch.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 2

6 hours ago, SteveoT said:

I would have to know what the Michter’s selections are before making a final choice based on what is listed. 

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

I would have to know what the Michter’s selections are before making a final choice based on what is listed. 

I think it has to be the Weller 12 for me.   I do like the Blanton's Gold, but not at the new US price as well.

26 minutes ago, geclbxf said:

I think it has to be the Weller 12 for me.   I do like the Blanton's Gold, but not at the new US price as well.

Blanton's Gold (750ml) was $76.99 at the Bermuda Duty Free shop at the airport when I went thru Customs before heading to our last Gazebo meeting in Bardstown a year ago last April (sigh).  Hope all those who had a sample back then enjoyed it - we all said we'd "do it again next year".  Those days seem like a decade ago, no?   ?

• I like it 2

12 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Blanton's Gold (750ml) was $76.99 at the Bermuda Duty Free shop at the airport when I went thru Customs before heading to our last Gazebo meeting in Bardstown a year ago last April (sigh).  Hope all those who had a sample back then enjoyed it - we all said we'd "do it again next year".  Those days seem like a decade ago, no?   ?

Yeah - just to be able to go on vacation..........

50 minutes ago, geclbxf said:

I second this line of thought. 

8 hours ago, SteveoT said:

ETL in a heartbeat. IT was my go to before it became so damned hard to find and over priced. Turned me off to bourbon for a few years. I can still taste it and recall how the bottle feels in my hand. 

1 minute ago, yobber76 said:

Elmer T Lee at MSRP

I second this.  I finally got to try ETL and prefer it over Blanton's.   I would then go to the Michter's 10 yr rye variants if it is an option.  2020 makes me sad.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.