What to do with "Bad" Bourbon?

PhantomLamb
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I tend to use apple cider vinegar, but thanks for the tip, might have to make the switch!

They love my bourbon a lot more than they love vinegar, though both work.  I found out it's a good trap because I kept finding fruit flies in the bourbon I was drinking!

If it is just not to my taste, I will give it to a friend that likes it.   I have also been know to mix it with apple juice, butter, soy sauce and spray it on ribs or pork shoulder (for pulled pork).  Makes them taste yummy.  I also tried Red Stagg Cherry, which was very good.  I have not tried an apple bourbon to go with the apple juice.

Edited by BourbonGuy

8 hours ago, NDN98 said:

I give bad whiskey to my brother. He will drink anything!

Is his name Mikey?

• I like it 1

J.W. Kelly is one of the, if not the, worst bourbon I’ve ever tried. I very slowly but surely powered through these he bottle but should’ve tried some of the suggestions you guys have made. 

• 2 weeks later...

In general, with known brands I like, I'll pour whatever amount of un-altered Bourbon back into the bottle from whence it came if I'm having an off day.    For ones that are not expected to be big winners ever, or very often, I'll serve 'em in toddys, or other mixes.     There have been only a couple over the years that have been consigned to the drain, more often those that end up in the drain are because I tried adding something that just didn't work.

5 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

In general, with known brands I like, I'll pour whatever amount of un-altered Bourbon back into the bottle from whence it came if I'm having an off day.    For ones that are not expected to be big winners ever, or very often, I'll serve 'em in toddys, or other mixes.     There have been only a couple over the years that have been consigned to the drain, more often those that end up in the drain are because I tried adding something that just didn't work.

Smart.  With fall/winter coming soon, this will work perfectly for me.

Before I got on a fixed income I would either give it away or pour it down the drain.  Now i've discovered that is what Diet Coke was invented for.  Haven't had the problem in awhile though as I don't experiment mush with purchases anymore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.