Sign in to follow this  
kevinbrink

Old Ezra 7 yr 117 Proof

Harry in WashDC

OGD 114 is cheaper AND is a known quantity. OTOH, OE 7yr 101 is a secret pleasure of mine.  THX for the head's up.

fosmith

Wow! I'll be all over that if I ever see it out here.  I like the 101 but it seems to be pretty rare on the west coast...

kevinbrink

I would say the $40 for a 7 year 117 proof bottle of (what is likely HH) Bourbon seems like a fantastic value. @Harry in WashDC I tend to prefer OGD BIB over the 114, not sure why. 

smokinjoe

On the Joey Interest Scale for recent premium releases:  OE 6 yr 117 > Weller CYPB.  

• I like it 5

Spade
Posted (edited)

This is the sort of thing that I would have almost definitely grabbed a bottle of it came out a few years ago. I’m so burnt out by new releases and line extensions at this point. It’s fairly priced so I might buy a bottle but who knows. 

Edited by Spade

kevinbrink
2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

On the Joey Interest Scale for recent premium releases:  OE 6 yr 117 > Weller CYPB.  

by a wide margin for me as well. 

Harry in WashDC
4 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I would say the $40 for a 7 year 117 proof bottle of (what is likely HH) Bourbon seems like a fantastic value. @Harry in WashDC I tend to prefer OGD BIB over the 114, not sure why. 

So do I - OGD BIB does not call for water or ice, mostly, so it is easier to handle than 114; But, some nights 114 just hits the spot at about 105 or so proof.  RE: likely HH - Luxco does not dispute that Ezra Brooks and OE are HH, and at $40, I would be a buyer even though OE 101 compared to 117, like OGD BIB compared to 114, would be easier to handle.B)

• I like it 2