Latest Kentucky Trip

cdcdguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We headed down to North Carolina with a Liquior stop on the way down and back. I buy mostly BIB. Both places had HHBIB6 and Green Label 6. However, neither store had more than 3 or 4 of each on the shelf. Prices are rising and the BIB is now 14 bucks, still cheap for what you get. The Green label in 12 dollars. VOBBIB was 13.00 and there was tons of it. No ETimes. No Old Fitz BIB, not counting the 11 year old. I did by the 40 proof OFitz, but it's just ok. 

What are you travelers on Kentucky folks finding?

We stayed at a hotel in Covington Ky and at their bar they were selling shots Makers regular and the cask strength for the same price! Duh......

Edited by cdcdguy

HH BIB is generally plentiful on the shelves in our neck of the woods.  VOB BIB is much more harder to find.  I can't recall the last time I saw a bottle of Old Fitz BIBOGD BIB is usually on the shelves here.

4 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Wasnt Old Fitz BIB discontinued?

It seems to have gone.

I read somewhere on this site that that HH will still release a limited amount.  I don't know how much, when, or where.

The wife and I were there last weekend. I brought back 4xHHBIB ($15), 2XVOBBIB ($14), a 1.75 BT store pick ($45), and a 4 yr WFE rye ($55). I wish I would've grabbed an additional VOBBIB, as there were quite a few bottles. A friend bought me a 90 proof VOB while we were there. 

7 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

The wife and I were there last weekend. I brought back 4xHHBIB ($15), 2XVOBBIB ($14), a 1.75 BT store pick ($45), and a 4 yr WFE rye ($55). I wish I would've grabbed an additional VOBBIB, as there were quite a few bottles. A friend bought me a 90 proof VOB while we were there. 

I’ve been a little GN time fan of the BIB, but I have to tell you I get a lot of enjoyment from the 90 proof.  It’s not a very significant step down (if at all) in enjoyment for me.  

I drove through recently, and picked up a couple bottles of HH BiB, the VOB BiB is readily available where I'm at, and ET isn't too hard to find here lately either.  Other than that, I'm always on the hunt for store picks, picked up some BT and Russell's store picks, and tons of Four Roses Picks.

On 8/25/2018 at 5:37 PM, Whiskeythink.com said:

Wasnt Old Fitz BIB discontinued?

I've bought it as recently as last Christmas in central IL.  Have quite a stockpile, so havent looked for it recently.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.