Kentucky Bourbon Festival - 2018

DPPSmoker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi folks.  I didn't see a thread for this year's festival so I thought I would start one.  I'm going to visit during festival time for the first time in four years and I'm really looking forward to getting back.

Going back five years or so, there was a lot of discussion on this website by people who were planning to attend.  What happened?  I know the festival has become bigger over the years and getting a local hotel room is challenging.  Are those things keeping StraightBourbon members away?  Or is everyone here more low key about the festival?

Between the availability and the expense of motel rooms that week, it certainly limits how many SB'ers make it. I enjoy the Festival and will be arriving at the GN sometime Thursday afternoon. I only know first hand of a few people coming, so it'll be interesting to see who all shows up.

Regardless of the turnout, we always have a great time! When are you going to be there?

I’m looking forward to another great time in Bardstown.  I’ll be arriving sometime on Thursday afternoon.  Official ceremonial Flag hoist at 18:00...  ?

4AF5C1DD-D4CA-45AB-A56C-CBEFD6980C9C.jpeg

• I like it 3

I’m looking forward to another great time in Bardstown.  I’ll be arriving sometime on Thursday afternoon.  Official ceremonial Flag hoist at 18:00...  ?
4AF5C1DD-D4CA-45AB-A56C-CBEFD6980C9C.thumb.jpeg.271335ab84c1901448638526e832aee2.jpeg

Do I have to do the flag ceremony in tighty whities like troyce?

2 hours ago, BigRich said:

Yep.  In fact, he said he accidentally left a pair under his bed last Fall.  You can just use those...  :D

• I like it 1

My intended plans are a couple distilleries on the way up Thurs, Lanesville Heritage Fest on Fri, Bourbon Fest on Sat, and Owensboro Air Show on Sun.  Will hold breath and see what Murphy and the weather has to say...

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Yep.  In fact, he said he accidentally left a pair under his bed last Fall.  You can just use those...  :D

Dammit, it's a white Speedo !   Also, you are insulting the General Nelson by hinting that something could go un noticed under a bed for a year. 

Also, I'm sorry I'm missing the KBF this year, hate it.  Got my 50th High School that weekend.  Joe and Big Rich have been razzing me on this event taking precedence over the Bardstown trip , but my HS years were great and am looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends.   I'm sure the two of them had few friends , fewer, if any,  dates(with girls) , no participation in sports , couldn't even make the band, etc, , so they cant relate with someone who had a great experience during those years and want to reconnect. 

I'll miss you guys and see y'all in the spring

4 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I am reminded that It would be remiss of me to not mention his tighties aren’t exactly whitie.  More of a dingy grayish yellow with odd brownish streaks...

Hate to be missing KBF - only missed one in the 6 prior years (2013) but with a long vacation in August couldn't swing it this year.  Am confident everyone will have a blast!  Looking forward to April 2019 already (seriously - starting to set aside stuff for Bardstown already!)

I'll miss youse guyz. 

Sounds like the fun is already starting.     Pour something decent, and think of me missing out on it. HA!    Seriously I will miss the fun and camaraderie of all the GBS folx, not to mention all the rest of the SB gang. 

Tell Stu and Bernadette (& George) I say; "Hi!"   ...And anybody else you see, I suppose.    Have a blast, kidz.

11 hours ago, BigRich said:

NO......PLEASE GOD, NO........................ 

4 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I am reminded that It would be remiss of me to not mention his tighties aren’t exactly whitie.  More of a dingy grayish yellow with odd brownish streaks...

Damn, I was always under the impression that undies like that are part of the GBS uniform

Unfortunately I'll be close by (well closer than I typically am most years), but not close enough to drop by.  I hope those that do attend have a blast!

If someone can let me know what time various "events" are taking place at the GN or other sites I would appreciate it.  Came over last year and didn't see any SB people.  I'm only 30 minutes away and retired so I'm ready for some socializing.

14 hours ago, troyce said:

again , not tighties.

Well, they won’t be after BIGRICH gets through with them...

• I like it 1

Well, they won’t be after BIGRICH gets through with them...

HEY!!! My ass resembles that remark!

3 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Mrs. Vosgar forwarded this to me (check out the last one):

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/best-places-to-travel-in-september

Wow! We're moving up in the world boys and girls.

Interesting!   I wonder however, how or when the 12th to the 16th of September became 6-days?  :o

Or, maybe it has more to do with 'where'...    In Bardstown the good times do add up to some extra enjoyment, so: maybe.  :D

On 8/30/2018 at 1:39 PM, PowderKeg said:

My intended plans are a couple distilleries on the way up Thurs, Lanesville Heritage Fest on Fri, Bourbon Fest on Sat, and Owensboro Air Show on Sun.  Will hold breath and see what Murphy and the weather has to say...

Lanesvill Heritage Weekend was something I always enjoyed going to growing up. It was a lot of work helping with the family business, but had a lot of fun with friends and festivities. Hope you have a great time!!

23 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Mrs. Vosgar forwarded this to me (check out the last one):

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/best-places-to-travel-in-september

Wow! We're moving up in the world boys and girls.

19 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Interesting!   I wonder however, how or when the 12th to the 16th of September became 6-days?  :o

Or, maybe it has more to do with 'where'...    In Bardstown the good times do add up to some extra enjoyment, so: maybe.  :D

I had the same thought about the "six days" comment. Guessing perhaps the author started their bourbon festival a bit early.

But maybe this is a sign that bourbon is starting to fade as trend. When it starts showing up on sites like this it might be sign it isn't "hip" anymore.

One can always hope...

I remember that in years past, the KBF festivities kicked off with a balloon glow at the fairgrounds on Tuesday night. It looks like that isn’t on the schedule this year.

Joe

My wife and I will be in attendance...we are coming into town late Tuesday night and will by staying through the weekend.

5 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

My wife and I will be in attendance...we are coming into town late Tuesday night and will by staying through the weekend.

Are you by chance staying at the General Nelson? If not, be sure to stop by the gazebo there any night from Thursday thru Saturday. (not sure about any sooner than that)

Edit: Just saw your other post saying that you're staying at the GN

Edited by Vosgar

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.