Kentucky Bourbon Festival - 2018

DPPSmoker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 8/29/2018 at 11:20 PM, Vosgar said:

Between the availability and the expense of motel rooms that week, it certainly limits how many SB'ers make it. I enjoy the Festival and will be arriving at the GN sometime Thursday afternoon. I only know first hand of a few people coming, so it'll be interesting to see who all shows up.

Regardless of the turnout, we always have a great time! When are you going to be there?

Hi.  I'm finally getting back to this thread.  I'm staying in Frankfort Thursday night.  I taking the Hard Hat tour at BT at 5:30PM that day.  I'm thinking BT added these tours recently and I got lucky to sign up.  I got three spots - two of my brother-in-laws were going to come with me but they bailed.  So if anyone is interested in taking this tour, send me a private message and you can join me for that tour.  First come, first serve.

I'm not quite sure where I will stay Friday night yet.  Probably in Elizabethtown or Shepherdville.  I'm guessing all the rooms in Bardstown are spoken for by now.  I would like to visit the gazebo but I will have to behave myself if I have to drive to one of those two towns.  If I make it to the gazebo, it will be Friday night.

On 9/6/2018 at 10:58 PM, DPPSmoker said:

Hi.  I'm finally getting back to this thread.  I'm staying in Frankfort Thursday night.  I taking the Hard Hat tour at BT at 5:30PM that day.  I'm thinking BT added these tours recently and I got lucky to sign up.  I got three spots - two of my brother-in-laws were going to come with me but they bailed.  So if anyone is interested in taking this tour, send me a private message and you can join me for that tour.  First come, first serve.

I'm not quite sure where I will stay Friday night yet.  Probably in Elizabethtown or Shepherdville.  I'm guessing all the rooms in Bardstown are spoken for by now.  I would like to visit the gazebo but I will have to behave myself if I have to drive to one of those two towns.  If I make it to the gazebo, it will be Friday night.

One of us took me up on my offer.  I still have one slot left for the Buffalo Trace Hard Hat tour on Thursday, Sept 13 at 5:30PM.  If anyone wants it, shoot me a PM.

Looks like I’m going to be making it to my first KBF since Stu had an extra room reservation and I found some free time to go. I don’t know what I’ll be able to participate in at this late date, but I’m sure it will be fun anyway.

• I like it 2

Just sitting here in E'town wondering what everyone is doing.  If any of you are interested in a mega tasting event at my house just PM me.  Would like to come over and get with some of the SB guys this week.

On 9/10/2018 at 4:12 PM, lcpfratn said:

Looks like I’m going to be making it to my first KBF since Stu had an extra room reservation and I found some free time to go. I don’t know what I’ll be able to participate in at this late date, but I’m sure it will be fun anyway.

Good news - plenty of free/non-ticketed stuff to do (barrel relays, master distiller's auction, festival grounds and booths, etc).  Although the highlight is just hanging out at the GN like we do in April :)  Enjoy Jeff!  Super jealous of y'all - I'm sure an amazing time will be had!

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, GaryT said:

Good news - plenty of free/non-ticketed stuff to do (barrel relays, master distiller's auction, festival grounds and booths, etc).  Although the highlight is just hanging out at the GN like we do in April :)  Enjoy Jeff!  Super jealous of y'all - I'm sure an amazing time will be had!

The Gazebo is all one needs.

• I like it 2

Good news - plenty of free/non-ticketed stuff to do (barrel relays, master distiller's auction, festival grounds and booths, etc).  Although the highlight is just hanging out at the GN like we do in April [emoji4]  Enjoy Jeff!  Super jealous of y'all - I'm sure an amazing time will be had!

Thanks for the pointers Gary!
  • I like it 1

First timer to Festival this year, expensive but good times!  Grabbed 2 Parkers at HH and wife picked me up a custom barrell that I grabbed a few bottles to put in. Only prob is it wont hold 70 bottles lol!

20180915_203642.jpg

• I like it 5

It was great seeing everybody last night! Had a ball seeing all the senior members of SB. Missed some that were not there. Last night was dedicated to our friends that have passed on. I'm sure they were there last night. Thanks to everyone that made last night so memorable.

• I like it 1

Hey folks, I am in posession of a half a bottle of 1789b "Barbie Doll" Old Scout bourbon selection that was left at the Gazebo Friday night. If it's yours or you know whose it is, shoot me a message!

Edited by Josh

Hey folks, I am in posession of a half a bottle of 1789b "Barbie Doll" Old Scout bourbon selection that was left at the Gazebo Friday night. If it's yours or you know whose it is, shoot me a message!

Josh, That’s Stu’s bottle. He was asking about it last night and Jeremy stated that he thought you had it. Stu knew he had forgotten it when he went to bed Friday night.

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

Josh, That’s Stu’s bottle. He was asking about it last night and Jeremy stated that he thought you had it. Stu knew he had forgotten it when he went to bed Friday night.

Thanks!

I also picked up an unclaimed straggler at close of business on Saturday night.  Beam Single Barrel.  If it’s yours, shoot me a message!

On 9/17/2018 at 10:46 AM, smokinjoe said:

I also picked up an unclaimed straggler at close of business on Saturday night.  Beam Single Barrel.  If it’s yours, shoot me a message!

I thought unclaimed stragglers at the end of a gazebo session we're taken like in a football draft?

I got a WT Tribute that way once.

6 hours ago, callmeox said:

I thought unclaimed stragglers at the end of a gazebo session we're taken like in a football draft?

I got a WT Tribute that way once.

Dude . . . that was MY WT Tribute!  You owe me one of those now man! ;)  

Actually, I thought the stragglers wound up in Stu's Dr. Frankenshine? 

I was gifted a couple of bottles a few years back - Jeremy had bought some CEHT varieties but didn't want to mess with packing opened bottles to take back out west.  I brought them to B'town in April, and to some GBS gatherings so they would be shared/enjoyed.  If they were picked up by folks in this group, I'm sure that would be the case (knowing that Troyce wasn't there last weekend . . . otherwise . . . well, let's not speculate).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.