WTR 101 vs RR 6 yr Rye

CUfan99
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In my market I can get a liter of WTR 101 and a 750 of RR 6yr Rye for the same price. I like them both equally depending on my mood so I keep both on hand. Which version do you prefer and why? If you could get either bottle for the same price but could only get one which would it be?

I don't believe I've bought bottle of the 6 year in the current packaging, I tend to just by 101 and RR SiB Rye

On 9/1/2018 at 10:47 PM, kevinbrink said:

I don't believe I've bought bottle of the 6 year in the current packaging, I tend to just by 101 and RR SiB Rye

I haven’t opened a new label 6 yr yet. I still have half on old label. The rye SiBs are rare and when I have seen one it’s been $70. If I remember right the label doesn’t tell you much more than the proof and that it’s a rye. I like a little more info before dropping that much money. 

21 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

I haven’t opened a new label 6 yr yet. I still have half on old label. The rye SiBs are rare and when I have seen one it’s been $70. If I remember right the label doesn’t tell you much more than the proof and that it’s a rye. I like a little more info before dropping that much money. 

Ouch it runs between $50 and $60 here and the 6 year tends to be between $35 and $45ish. 

• 1 month later...

Late to this discussion but like Paddy, I need both for different moods. The 101 represents more of a punch in the face (and not because of the proof) where as the 6yr is more refined.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.