Bardstown Bourbon Company whiskey library

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hmmm, there's a whole lotta stuff on that list!    More than a few (dozen) I'd like to see... and TASTE!!!!

My wife and I ate there a couple of months ago and I'll say that the food and cocktails were pretty good and a nice addition to the Bardstown area since Harrison Smith House isn't open for regular business anymore.  That being said, the vintage whiskies on that list were VERY high priced but I understand that these are hard to find and they don't want to run out of any of them very quickly as it is a draw to bring people in.  I do however wish they'd list the prices so you don't have to ask the pricing, its a bit awkward to wait for the guy to bring back the pricing on the 4 or 5 pours that I was interested in.   

I generally find that, especially with bourbon and other whiskey these days, if the price isn't listed there is a good chance I don't need to know because I probably won't want to pay it!

But sounds like a stop for food and cocktails is warranted. Probably will be pretty busy over KBF though. Might put it on my list for the spring instead.

I generally find that, especially with bourbon and other whiskey these days, if the price isn't listed there is a good chance I don't need to know because I probably won't want to pay it!

But sounds like a stop for food and cocktails is warranted. Probably will be pretty busy over KBF though. Might put it on my list for the spring instead.

Maybe we should try to arrange an SB.com group dinner there in the spring.
  • I like it 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/4/2018 at 9:26 AM, ThirstyinOhio said:

My wife and I ate there a couple of months ago and I'll say that the food and cocktails were pretty good and a nice addition to the Bardstown area since Harrison Smith House isn't open for regular business anymore.  That being said, the vintage whiskies on that list were VERY high priced but I understand that these are hard to find and they don't want to run out of any of them very quickly as it is a draw to bring people in.  I do however wish they'd list the prices so you don't have to ask the pricing, its a bit awkward to wait for the guy to bring back the pricing on the 4 or 5 pours that I was interested in.   

HSH is scheduled to reopen June 1, 2019.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:48 PM, Bourbon Air Tours said:

HSH is scheduled to reopen June 1, 2019.

I spoke with Newman, the owner of HSH, this past weekend and he said that they are not currently planning on reopening any time soon. 

2 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

I spoke with Newman, the owner of HSH, this past weekend and he said that they are not currently planning on reopening any time soon. 

They have just put up a large tent with curtains around it in the front yard, under the trees. They might not be ready for business in the house, but it looks like they are planning an outdoor event.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.