New Label for Dickel 12???

BDanner
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was in a nearby ABC store the other day and noticed that their 1.75 George Dickel 12's had a different looking label. The 750's all had the regular label, but it might be because the 1.75's were newer stock. Simpler and a whiter shade with black printing. Not as much of the drop shadows etc. I wish I'd thought to snap a photo. I can't find any information on line. Has anyone else noticed a change? 

Does it have Fred Flintstone on it?

I am a fan of Dickel, but that’s funny!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to snap a photo of the new label yesterday. It also has the Red George Dickel Signature running diagonally across the seal at the top. Again, I see no mention of it anywhere. This is on the 1.75 size, but my store was out of the 750's.

IMG_6012.JPG

Edited by BDanner
  • I like it 1

Thanks! I tried researching on the TTB but couldn't find anything. Now that I've figured it out, looks like updates for the 8 and the Rye as well. 

Edited by BDanner

They officially changed the name of the distillery to Cascade Hollow, hence the updates on all the labels

• I like it 2

23 hours ago, VAGentleman said:

They officially changed the name of the distillery to Cascade Hollow

O  K   ... Any good reasons why they did that?

Edited by Kane

• 2 months later...

Not to be a negative Nancy, but I see they still haven't removed the misleading 12 from the label.  Of course, they call it Whisky instead of Whiskey which is equally confusing.

• I like it 1

On 12/23/2018 at 9:50 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Not to be a negative Nancy, but I see they still haven't removed the misleading 12 from the label.  Of course, they call it Whisky instead of Whiskey which is equally confusing.

I had never really had an issue with it. Jack Daniel's has Old No. 7, Dickel had Numbers 8 and 12. I never associated them with ages statements. Then recently I commented on a FB post on the Bourbonr page asking about Dickel. I was amazed at how many people kept calling it "Dickel 12 year". I never knew the 12 to ever be associated with age. It wasn't 12 years old in the past and then changed (ala Barton who left the 6). I guess for that reason I'll continue to give them a pass.

• I like it 2

I had never really had an issue with it. Jack Daniel's has Old No. 7, Dickel had Numbers 8 and 12. I never associated them with ages statements. Then recently I commented on a FB post on the Bourbonr page asking about Dickel. I was amazed at how many people kept calling it "Dickel 12 year". I never knew the 12 to ever be associated with age. It wasn't 12 years old in the past and then changed (ala Barton who left the 6). I guess for that reason I'll continue to give them a pass.

I agree that the 12 has never been associated with age in the past, but I do see that the “No.” that used to be in front of the number 12 on this new label is absent. Also, In regards to some of the comments regarding the Cascade Hollow Distillery name, that has been associated with the Dickel label off and on from the beginning.

• I like it 4

On 12/26/2018 at 5:53 PM, lcpfratn said:

I agree that the 12 has never been associated with age in the past, but I do see that the “No.” that used to be in front of the number 12 on this new label is absent. Also, In regards to some of the comments regarding the Cascade Hollow Distillery name, that has been associated with the Dickel label off and on from the beginning.

Yeah - I also never mistook it for an age statement, but the "No." in front helped the layperson who might not be as close of attention.  If the brand was "No. 12" before, and they simply lose the "No." now - it seems like while their core intent might not be misrepresentation, it is a welcome side effect (I mean - what, are they trying to save on ink?)  I do like the renaming of the distillery though - easier to promote other brands I'd imagine (and just sounds way cooler; every time you can avoid saying "dickel" which draws snickers from adolescent males - and many of us who haven't matured much past that - not a bad thing!) 

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, GaryT said:

... I do like the renaming of the distillery though - easier to promote other brands I'd imagine (and just sounds way cooler; every time you can avoid saying "dickel" which draws snickers from adolescent males - and many of us who haven't matured much past that - not a bad thing!) 

You said Dickel...?

But on a more serious note, that is a good point. I'd love to see some new product from them. They seem to have plenty of stock since they are sourcing to so many folks.

Edited by BDanner
  • I like it 1

• 6 months later...

Took some GD12 and added a wee drop of GD Barrel Select 9 yr old 103 proof.  It made for one fine dram.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.