Four Roses employees on strike

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bummer!    I certainly hope an equitable arrangement is made soon and the workers, as well as the management, can walk away from these negotiations confident in the future.

Anyone have any details and specifics on company offers and union demands?  All I’ve heard are some general talking points from a couple of picketers.  

4 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Anyone have any details and specifics on company offers and union demands?  All I’ve heard are some general talking points from a couple of picketers.  

I found this link.  Not much info but it's something.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/39042033/four-roses-distillery-workers-at-odds-over-labor-contracts

I seem to remember this same thing happening around 8 years ago or so. I just can’t remember if it was Four Roses or Wild Turkey though. Anyone care to chime in?

Biba! Joe

54 minutes ago, flahute said:

Drove by Cox’s Creek this morning and the picketers were out by the main road. 

Heck of a commute, Steve - Seattle by way of . . .:D

• I like it 1

Heck of a commute, Steve - Seattle by way of . . .[emoji3]

I was thinking the same thing Harry. He’s likely in town for a Bourbon Crusaders barrel pick...still a bit early for KYBF.
  • I like it 1

Don't be too hasty.

He could also be foiling the plot of an evil mastermind to take over the world.

Gold foiling it, even...

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Don't be too hasty.

He could also be foiling the plot of an evil mastermind to take over the world.

Gold foiling it, even...

I love the confidence you have in me!

Yes, in town for a barrel pick.  We wanted to do it next weekend but the distillery is going to be busy with KBF so it wouldn’t work out.

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, flahute said:

Yes, in town for a barrel pick.  We wanted to do it next weekend but the distillery is going to be busy with KBF so it wouldn’t work out.

This is exactly what a superhero who did not want to alarm the general public about how close they came to total extinction would say...

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Same here; I suppose both sides have some type of confidentiality agreement (or at least are trying to respect the process to not put in print what might be incorrect or misleading elements).  From what I heard in some of those talking points, they seemed reasonable - although these things are almost never as simple as a couple talking points (if they were, they'd crack open a bottle of small batch and just git r done!) 

Hope that both sides resolve this equitably and soon.  The whole family atmosphere within the bourbon world is something I'm always amazed at, and hope this is just a dinner-spat :) 

I find it interesting that there seems to be no mention of overtime issues.  The boom has these guys going all in for literally years trying to keep up, and I think I remember more than a few grievances as to forced overtime at some distilleries.  Maybe, that’s not in play at 4R at the moment? 

Youre right Gary, in regards to making a judgement on fairness either way from our nose bleed seats perspective.  So much involved we don’t know.  

On 9/8/2018 at 6:49 PM, flahute said:

Drove by Cox’s Creek this morning and the picketers were out by the main road. 

Same here, on my way to work and came by the picketers at 2am; first I thought that it was accident scene (hard to tell in the dark) but soon realized that it wasn't as I slowed down(thank goodness)...

18 minutes ago, JvW said:

Same here, on my way to work and came by the picketers at 2am; first I thought that it was accident scene (hard to tell in the dark) but soon realized that it wasn't as I slowed down(thank goodness)...

Picketing at 2 am? The union must pay good. 

11 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Picketing at 2 am? The union must pay good. 

Or, the 'night shift' doesn't wanna change their schedule....

• I like it 2

This is very interesting. There will be a resolution, because each side needs each other. I own/operate a small buisness, but only deal with salary/hourly employees. The union deal is a completely different thing. Every decision made needs to positively benefit 4R. It’s just good buisness. Having worked 5 years for a large company straight out of college, I do understand each side of the equation. Good workers are hard to come by & should be fairly compensated. We’ll see what happens.

You can understand 4R needing to pay the next generation of employees a worse benefits package, since sales are so poor and it's a really tough market for them and...

Oh.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, The Black Tot said:

You can understand 4R needing to pay the next generation of employees a worse benefits package, since sales are so poor and it's a really tough market for them and...

Oh.

Kind of what I'm thinking. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.