Need some help from Booker’s fans 2013-7

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Good’un?  Found it this AM. $90 is high but if it is a killer batch, I’m down for it. 

Any one have any feedback?

17274384-39DA-4C55-9E6D-544E6C6DA4E8.jpeg

I've had it.  Still got one or two in the bunker.  It's a good batch but not a stand out, IMO.  But if you're interested in trying an earlier, higher age stated version, it's worth a try. 

I probably wouldn't pay $90 for it, but I've always found the 2013 bottlings of Booker's to be far superior to the more recent ones.  

The old "white box" is KOOL but not $90 kool. I haven't seen any on the shelves since 2015, but it would be a novelty bar goodie, not any better than some of the most recent ones often mentioned on this board.

Funny I actually have quite few bottles of that batch since one of my locals was selling it for $40 or $45 a bottle, can't remember, it's a good batch but I wouldn't pay $90 for it. 

2 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

So I ended up hanging on to my money (visiting the in laws). 

2C90713A-6850-4657-B9BD-080FB9724C63.jpeg

Assuming from the photo you only held onto the money you had "earmarked" for Bookers

2 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Assuming from the photo you only held onto the money you had "earmarked" for Bookers

Went over a little bit!

WT 101 from 2000

SAOS 7 yr 99 proof x2

SAOS 10 yr single barrel (sarah) 58.5%

The Boone county in the picture got traded for 2 12 yr single barrel bottles. 

That Bookers has been there awhile and might be again. 

Ptetty pleased with the dusty WT and a boatload of MGP goodness. 

I had a bottle of 2013-7. I agree that it's better than recent bottlings. It seemed a bit hotter but I was relatively new to high proofs when it came out. I remember distinctly buying it for $35 at a store that was closing. I still have the empty and box.

Yeah, I've got some 2013-6 in the bunker somewhere but not sure if I've ever had the 2013-7.  It's probably better than the current 6-year-and-change Booker's, but I wouldn't pay $90 for it either.  Easy for some of us to say that though, having built bunkers when Booker's was $45.00.  

The old "white box" is KOOL but not $90 kool. I haven't seen any on the shelves since 2015, but it would be a novelty bar goodie, not any better than some of the most recent ones often mentioned on this board.

Agree with this, but you’ve actually seen this on the shelf since 2015 or you overlooked it because I bought two bottles at a store you recommended to me. I think they still have a couple of bottles.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.