Gone HHBIB

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 9/24/2018 at 4:10 PM, CUfan99 said:

Agreed! I went almost a year without trying 4R because their expressions appeared overpriced for what they are. Now that I’ve had some single barrel offerings I love the stuff, but I’m still not interested in the YL or SB. The HH6 can step up into that next tier easily. 

((Beams with pride))

• I like it 1

On 9/24/2018 at 3:10 PM, CUfan99 said:

Now that I’ve had some single barrel offerings I love the stuff, but I’m still not interested in the YL or SB.

Why not?  Have you tasted the SmB?

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

Why not?  Have you tasted the SmB?

I didn’t say that right. I would drink 4RSmB and like it I’m sure. I don’t like it’s proof and price when I can buy for $5 more the standard SiB or HMKSiB for less, etc. 

On 9/26/2018 at 7:37 PM, Achair34 said:

Was it also announced that old Fitzgerald bib would be discontinued as well?

9BA8541F-0D54-4191-8A2B-8280A831B929.png

The press release regarding HH 6 yr BIB clearly stated Old Fitz BIB had already been discontinued. 

14 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

I didn’t say that right. I would drink 4RSmB and like it I’m sure. I don’t like it’s proof and price when I can buy for $5 more the standard SiB or HMKSiB for less, etc. 

True and good point. I agree that the single barrel is really the better value most of time and the one i prefer too. I just think that the small batch is a really good product too, and many folks think it's their best regularly produced product regardless of price.  

On 9/28/2018 at 7:05 PM, Kepler said:

True and good point. I agree that the single barrel is really the better value most of time and the one i prefer too. I just think that the small batch is a really good product too, and many folks think it's their best regularly produced product regardless of price.  

I had just posted in another thread how I like 4RSmB the LEAST of any of their regular products. Lol.  It runs $24 here so if you like it I agree the price is decent.  I'd rather have BT for the same or any of the HH stuff for less..although the point of this thread is that most of the HH low $ stuff seems to be going away. They can take the same whiskey, wait another year or two, slap it in a fancy bottle, and sell it for 10 times as much.

9 hours ago, Clueby said:

I had just posted in another thread how I like 4RSmB the LEAST of any of their regular products. Lol.  It runs $24 here so if you like it I agree the price is decent.  I'd rather have BT for the same or any of the HH stuff for less..although the point of this thread is that most of the HH low $ stuff seems to be going away. They can take the same whiskey, wait another year or two, slap it in a fancy bottle, and sell it for 10 times as much.

I don't understand why MO has such good prices on 4R products, but what I do know is that if I could get 4RSmB at $24 I would hardly buy anything else. That is an amazingly good price.

#Larwrenceburgcult

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, flahute said:

I don't understand why MO has such good prices on 4R products, but what I do know is that if I could get 4RSmB at $24 I would hardly buy anything else. That is an amazingly good price.

#Larwrenceburgcult

Well if the SmB is $24, what does the 100pf SiB run in MO?  Put me in the camp of loving the SiB over the SmB, but both are very good.  

36 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Well if the SmB is $24, what does the 100pf SiB run in MO?  Put me in the camp of loving the SiB over the SmB, but both are very good.  

The single barrel is $32.99. 

On 10/1/2018 at 12:20 AM, flahute said:

#Larwrenceburgcult

20181002_182006-784x1613.jpg

38 minutes ago, Clueby said:

That's insane.  It's $30 FR Smb and $40 FR SiB here.

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

That sound you hear over yonder is me spitting out a few expletives. 

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, flahute said:

That sound you hear over yonder is me spitting out a few expletives. 

I hate to keep hijacking this thread but I find even those prices too high. I just don't like the SmB and there are plenty things I like better than the SiB for about $5 less (HMcK, EC, etc.)

On 10/1/2018 at 12:20 AM, flahute said:

#Larwrenceburgcult

2 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

That's insane.  It's $30 FR Smb and $40 FR SiB here.

On 10/1/2018 at 5:01 PM, JCwhammie said:

The single barrel is $32.99. 

31 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I hate to keep hijacking this thread but I find even those prices too high. I just don't like the SmB and there are plenty things I like better than the SiB for about $5 less (HMcK, EC, etc.)

All you all and you’ins...

please shut up!

Edited by 0895
Clueby, you should try that delicious chestnut farms instead!
  • I like it 1

On the original topic of HHBIB, I was very sad to hear it was going away. It was a very good bourbon at an amazingly good price and one that I always made a point to grab while in Bardstown, whether or not I needed it. As it is, I have 3 bottles bunkered and think that's too few. One of HH's great strengths was their line of high quality/low price BIB offerings and now 2 of those are gone. I also liked that they kept the small, regional bottles around maintaining a little local flavor. It's a sad day, fellas. A sad day ...

• I like it 3

Cant say as I'll miss it since I've never seen it in my life anywhere near me in New England

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been on here in forever, but an article I read last week about it elsewhere prompted me to go try to load up. Appears that, in Louisville, I got the memo late, as it was gone nearly everywhere. Yet, with some small mom-n-pop store searching, I did find and buy 13 of them between 2 stores. It was a favorite I had turned many people onto, and EWBIB just isn't quite the same.

50 minutes ago, Whiskey Dick said:

I haven't been on here in forever, but an article I read last week about it elsewhere prompted me to go try to load up. Appears that, in Louisville, I got the memo late, as it was gone nearly everywhere. Yet, with some small mom-n-pop store searching, I did find and buy 13 of them between 2 stores. It was a favorite I had turned many people onto, and EWBIB just isn't quite the same.

EW isnt even close in my opinion. Just gettin thru a bottle this week and i dont see how people say the two are comparable.

EW isnt even close in my opinion. Just gettin thru a bottle this week and i dont see how people say the two are comparable.

You and I are definitely in agreement on that. I only use EWBIB as a mixer. Now, the older EW selections are very nice, such as 1783 or EW Single Barrel. I think the EWBIB is no more than 4 years old, and just doesn’t have the age that I like in most bourbons.

You and I are definitely in agreement on that. I only use EWBIB as a mixer. Now, the older EW selections are very nice, such as 1783 or EW Single Barrel. I think the EWBIB is no more than 4 years old, and just doesn’t have the age that I like in most bourbons.

This is why I love this community. Everyone has different taste buds. EWBIB is absolutely delicious and my favorite bargain in bourbon. Differences in tastes mean everyone gets more of their personal favorite.
  • I like it 2

1 hour ago, BMartin42 said:

This is why I love this community. Everyone has different taste buds. EWBIB is absolutely delicious and my favorite bargain in bourbon. Differences in tastes mean everyone gets more of their personal favorite.

Yes, indeed. On that note, I am happy that HMK never resonated with me as its gone up in price and with bottle limits around here these days. Was lucky to pick up a case of HH BiB after price went up to $14.99 but before being discontinued. Will ration it out now. Poured me some Old Bardstown BiB (the new stuff) last night and really enjoyed it, having been a while since having it. While a bit more expensive, possibly this will be a substitute for me (of course its in the WT101 price range, so...)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.