Looking for my 4R cult card . . .

Bob_Loblaw
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, dad-proof said:

I picked up an OESQ today, and while I left town and haven't tried it yet, it came from a store that I trust the people picking. (I think one of whom is TANSTAAFL on this board.)  If you plan to be in the Atlanta area anytime soon PM me.

Thanks for the offer! I don't currently have plans to visit the Atlanta area but if that changes I'll let you know and send a wire to GBS HQ as well.

12 hours ago, dad-proof said:

I picked up an OESQ today, and while I left town and haven't tried it yet, it came from a store that I trust the people picking. (I think one of whom is TANSTAAFL on this board.)  If you plan to be in the Atlanta area anytime soon PM me.

Five Points Bottle Shop in Athens has these. At least they did back in July.

OBSF, 9 years & 10 months, 59.3% 

OBSQ, 9 years & 6 months, 59.9% 

OBSV, 8 years & 11 months, 62.5%

4 hours ago, ondarocks said:

I don't know if I've ever bought anything nicer than Natty Ice from 5PBS, but then again that was 20 years ago when I was in school! Thanks, will hit them up when I'm there next month.

1 hour ago, dad-proof said:

I don't know if I've ever bought anything nicer than Natty Ice from 5PBS, but then again that was 20 years ago when I was in school! Thanks, will hit them up when I'm there next month.

They also have these per an email I received from them...

Elijah Craig $29.99

11 years & 9 months, 94 proof

Knob Creek: five single barrels all with unique names, four of which are $48.99

"Great Unknown", 12 years, 120 proof

"Perfect", 13 years, 120 proof

"Fred Noes", 11 years, 120 proof

"Lucky One", 12 years, 120 proof

"Luv Potion", 13 years, 121.7 proof, this is a very special bottling. It is the 25th Anniversary barrel proof selection. There were 17 barrels for the whole country and we got the only barrel that came to Georgia. This one is $149.99

• I like it 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Four Roses stop bottling OBSK barrel strength (and maybe also the O yeast barrel strength) bottles around two years ago?  I thought they were getting low in inventory with those particular bourbons and they had to keep what they had so they could still produce Yellow Brown Label and Small Batch.  If this is still true, it's no wonder the op is having difficulty tracking a bottle down.

On 10/3/2018 at 10:56 AM, Bob_Loblaw said:

This years was a 10 year OESK right?  That is the one I have waiting to be opened.

OBSO has arrived, search continues for the OESO and OBSK.  Turns out the OESO store will not ship so back to the drawing board.  

Ya, that OESK is a 10yr.

20 hours ago, ondarocks said:

Oh boy - a definite stop next February when I'm in Athens for the 2019 SEC Swimming Championships @ UGA.  Hope they have some good stuff left for us . . . . . .  

Edited by GeeTen

I didn’t see from your profile Bob where you are located but I picked up the hard to find OESO 13years 5 months which I posted on the what did you purchase thread. I guess they said it has been a couple years since they released this recipe. I’m not sure if they still have any but Tippens Market in Ann Arbor, MI has been my go to for store picks. Usually what they do is they release so many and then slowly release the rest to last them until Christmas. They had 5 different recipes released yesterday for the Al Young event. Al Young is awesome and he told me he looks forward to these events and doing thing for charity. Classy guy with a wealth of knowledge!

On 10/4/2018 at 8:51 PM, DPPSmoker said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Four Roses stop bottling OBSK barrel strength (and maybe also the O yeast barrel strength) bottles around two years ago?  I thought they were getting low in inventory with those particular bourbons and they had to keep what they had so they could still produce Yellow Brown Label and Small Batch.  If this is still true, it's no wonder the op is having difficulty tracking a bottle down.

I really hope not! But in general it seems like the 4R picks have dried up. It’s frustrating. 

• 2 weeks later...

WooHoo!  My wife posted on FB for me (no social media account) and I was able to trade for the OESO and OBSK I was missing!  Not in hand yet, but by this time next week I should be ready to go!  Super excited about this and will be posting in the open bottle thread shortly!  

• I like it 1

My local Costco is selling OBSQ, 9 Years 11 Months, 55.8%.

I, of course, picked one up.

Edited by robertckim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.