What Bourbon are you enjoying? (Fall 2018)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well we are a couple of days into autumn so lets switch gears to the current season. I happen to be enjoying a delightful 4R PS of the OESF recipe, one of my favorites from the 4R stable.

I am trying Rare Breed for the first time tonight. Incredible smell. Great flavor. This is the 116 proof that I've seen discussed around here a few times. Very glad I picked up this bottle.

• I like it 3

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

Broke out the big gun tonight.

20180926_210912.jpg

ALWAYS a great decision, Clueby!  :)    Never disappoints... at least not me. :P   Good on ya' Bud!

• I like it 1

HHBIB 6 yr out of the freezer on a cooled down rainy night in Georgia.  Sad to see this one go, but it is what it is.

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, jvd99 said:

2014 THH watching Cooper Kupp going off for me in the SB FFL

Some ECBP A118 and Store Select BT watching Kupp and Goff blowing up sitting on my BENCH in Fantasy Football. I feel like tomorrow will be another night of higher proof bottles to ease the pain.

12 minutes ago, Kepler said:

2nd pour is WT101, Austin Nichols style.

Right there with you Kepler. 

4E3CCAA2-877E-4D74-BF2D-79C703265CD2.jpeg

• I like it 2

My wife and I stopped in a local place for happy hour. I had this Stagg Jr for the first time. It was good. My wife had EH Taylor small batch. Can anyone tell me about these Stagg Jr bottles? Any info on this 126.4 proof? Do they have batch numbers?

dD1OJtc.jpg

WTKS PS tonight. This barrel epitomizes WT101 in profile & balance. I hope I can find another bottle. 

Cheers

19 minutes ago, foppa78 said:

My wife and I stopped in a local place for happy hour. I had this Stagg Jr for the first time. It was good. My wife had EH Taylor small batch. Can anyone tell me about these Stagg Jr bottles? Any info on this 126.4 proof? Do they have batch numbers?

dD1OJtc.jpg

I believe the 126.4 was released this year. Maybe summer?  I am not an expert on Stagg Jr., but I think there are three releases per year. (If anyone out there wants to correct me, please feel free). 

BT hasn't given Stagg Jr. batches identifying numbers as of yet. 

But if you use the search function, you will find batches cross referenced to Proof, on this site. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

Last pour. PH11, SiB. Simply amazing Bourbon. All Bourbon should be like this barrel.

Good nite. 

Cheers

8 hours ago, foppa78 said:

dD1OJtc.jpg

The 126.4 proof is batch 10.  They release two batches a year.  #10 was released last spring.  #11 should be coming out soon.  Great stuff but a little hard to find in some areas. 

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Right there with you Kepler. 

4E3CCAA2-877E-4D74-BF2D-79C703265CD2.jpeg

Saw this exact bottle on the shelf at a bar the other night.  Couldn't believe my eyes.  It was sooo good.  Very different flavor profile than the current WT.  Sweeter and fuller on the palate. 

7 minutes ago, fosmith said:

Saw this exact bottle on the shelf at a bar the other night.  Couldn't believe my eyes.  It was sooo good.  Very different flavor profile than the current WT.  Sweeter and fuller on the palate. 

I had a buddy back in my underage days, early 90s, that drank WT101 exclusively and most of the time without a glass. I would have a swig and it would be I'll I could do to get it down. I was struggling to enjoy beer at that point. I thought of it as rotgut for years afterwards. At this rate if I make it to my 60's I'll probably be drinking and loving turpentine or jet fuel. :lol:

15 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I believe the 126.4 was released this year. Maybe summer?  I am not an expert on Stagg Jr., but I think there are three releases per year. (If anyone out there wants to correct me, please feel free). 

BT hasn't given Stagg Jr. batches identifying numbers as of yet. 

But if you use the search function, you will find batches cross referenced to Proof, on this site. 

Cheers

7 hours ago, fosmith said:

The 126.4 proof is batch 10.  They release two batches a year.  #10 was released last spring.  #11 should be coming out soon.  Great stuff but a little hard to find in some areas. 

This is great info. Thank you!
The place said that they had just received that Stagg Jr so it does make sense that it is the latest release. I'm curious what people think of each of these batches or if there are batches that stand out more than others. I might do a little googling. Thanks gain.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.