What Bourbon are you enjoying? (Fall 2018)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Several pours, finishing off a low-fill private pick of OWA 107.    Some very nice pours from this one; but down to about one strong one left.    Probably had enough for this evening; but, it'll give up the ghost soon.

I’m having a couple of pours of BT this evening. For Vosgar, “Same as it ever was.”  ^_^

Biba! Joe

When the day is done & your thinker is thunk out, it's nice to read a post that directs you to a pour...

Batch 41 is alive and well!!!

Jos.thumb.jpg.9b803766cd9e60332bd162f0edaeb967.jpg

• I like it 4

56 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m having a couple of pours of BT this evening. For Vosgar, “Same as it ever was.”  ^_^

Biba! Joe

Moving on to a nice pour of Weller 12 now.  

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Moving on to a nice pour of Weller 12 now.  

Biba! Joe

'Bout time. I was thinking that you were a turncoat for a minute, there...

7 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

'Bout time. I was thinking that you were a turncoat for a minute, there...

Thanks Red, I appreciate your concern. Not to worry though. In the same vein as being a Weller whore, I could be considered a BT bastard too. :D  I can live with that. ;)

Biba! Joe

PS. Someone here (Chuck?) once posted, “If you aren’t having fun, you ain’t doing it right.” This is fun, and Is part of what sets SB apart from other bourbon websites. Ya’ gotta love it. I do. Thanks Red. 

• I like it 3

I'm down to the last few ounces of an ECBP B517. Don't want the last pour going flat on me, so for quality control purposes I suppose I'll be enjoying a couple of pours tonight.

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, dad-proof said:

I'm down to the last few ounces of an ECBP B517. Don't want the last pour going flat on me, so for quality control purposes I suppose I'll be enjoying a couple of pours tonight.

Haha, I like when a bottle is getting low but has more than a normal pour yet you still feel the need to finish it off to clear shelf space.

• I like it 1

Oh my.  This 1792 High Rye that I’m sipping on right now is about as close to the thick butterscotch, heavy mouthfeel, ND Old Taylor that you can find in a bourbon made today.  Please Barton, remember what you did here.  

• I like it 1

Oh my.  This 1792 High Rye that I’m sipping on right now is about as close to the thick butterscotch, heavy mouthfeel, ND Old Taylor that you can find in a bourbon made today.  Please Barton, remember what you did here.  

I am really digging my bottle of 1792 High Rye too. First time trying it and I am a fan!

I picked up BTAC WLW yesterday...it was teasing me when I got home today so i opened it and took down the first 2 ounces - it is Tuesday after all - everything I expected from the bottle - delicious

• I like it 4

11 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Yea, this and the Port-finished are my two favorite offerings out of Barton.

Holiday spirit must have gotten hold of me yesterday, I picked up a half-gallon of egg nog on the way home from work. Later, as I stood in front of the bourbon shelf trying to find something to pour into my glass of nog I realized I'm kind of short on mid-shelf pours. I didn't really want to waste a good sipper in a glass of egg nog... I thought briefly about the JBWL there in the back, but then spied the EWWL right in front of it... Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner!

• I like it 1

Standard 1792 and VOB bib mingle, just a fine very low cost and fun combo. A perfect mid week casual pour.

Last night I enjoyed a healthy pour of ER10 PS while flipping back and forth between two of my favorite Christmas movies: Elf and Die Hard.  :)

On 12/11/2018 at 9:29 AM, CardsandBourbon said:

Been busy getting all my cookies and candies made for Christmas so I haven't been around the past few days.  On Saturday we went to Doc Crow's in Louisville for my wife's work Christmas party and had a healthy pour of ER.  After that we toured the new Old Forester distillery on Whiskey Row.  Our tasting consisted of OF Statesman, OF 100 proof and OF 1920.  After that we headed to a friends house for her annual Christmas party and  enjoyed some Larceny, 4R SmB and EC.  Needless to say I took Sunday off. ?

I love Doc Crow's.  Troll Pub is my other favorite haunt when I come through town.

520 miles in the car today, with s couple of client appointments mixed in.  Just rolled in back home, and butt hurts.  Shoulders hurt. Eyes hurt.  Hands hurt.  Knees hurt.   Medicating before beddy-bye with a Baker’s.  

• I like it 4

I've had a lingering sore throat for a day or two now and decided some higher proof was need medicine tonight. So I went to the bunker and grabbed a bottle of Stagg Jr. Batch 7 for the assignment. It was a mighty fine pour, and the throat is feeling better!

• I like it 3

Blanton’s for last call last night. Tonight it’s BT followed by ETL.

I’m really gonna try and savor my pours tonight. My annual physical is next Friday. I have to at least try and be a good boy so my blood work isn’t totally out of whack.:mellow:

Biba! Joe

It's not you, it's me, but this is really not working out PHC Promise of hope.

All bitter oak and saw dust, it's amazing how broken one's palate could be sometimes for no apparent reason... Pouring it back into a sample bottle, will make do with some Mellow Corn.

7 minutes ago, Kane said:

It's not you, it's me, but this is really not working out PHC Promise of hope.

All bitter oak and saw dust, it's amazing how broken one's palate could be sometimes for no apparent reason... Pouring it back into a sample bottle, will make do with some Mellow Corn.

I’m so with you on this.  We are such complex beings, with jillions of external and internal factors that can influence how we react to a taste on any given day.  

12 hours ago, Kepler said:

Tired of foolin' around

20181214_005531.jpeg

The cut crystal Glencairn is a MUST when pair with those beauties. :) 

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.