What Bourbon are you enjoying? (Fall 2018)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Barton BIB hits the spot.  I really need to drive across town and pick up several for the bunker.  Cold, snow, and ice will be coming sooner or later.

• I like it 1

My entire bunker has been boxed up for weeks. We finally moved so I’m going with a 14.5 year Knob Creek. 

This is is my only shelf for whiskey upstairs. The rest of the bunker will be in the basement. 

73AE0D27-8246-46C4-BBC9-5563C6DD0CB9.jpeg

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, KyleCBreese said:

My entire bunker has been boxed up for weeks. We finally moved so I’m going with a 14.5 year Knob Creek. 

This is is my only shelf for whiskey upstairs. The rest of the bunker will be in the basement. 

Gotta respect a man who unpacks his bourbon even before his furniture arrives.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, KyleCBreese said:

73AE0D27-8246-46C4-BBC9-5563C6DD0CB9.jpeg

Congrats Kyle looks like you can fit a few extra bottles there!

Started with a Buffalo Trace single barrel from Eagle River, which was nice, and ending with a John J Bowman single barrel from The Party Source (Barrel 1), which is really nice.

It's good to have the weekend here.

• I like it 1

4R SmB tonight. IMHO, a severely underrated pour. Under $30, complexity, tastes good. What is not to like?  

Cheers

Don't hold back, Large One... Tell us what you REALLY Think!

Well, even a bad barrel of HMcKBIB10 is still very drinkable but that’s $30 not $200+
  • I like it 2

1 hour ago, dcbt said:

EC23 at the moment after a long day. Firepit and pandora to fit the mood.

IMG_20181110_1752570.jpg

Pretty Picture, dcbt!    A word of caution: Don't Open Up Pandora's Box!!!! :o  ...Just sayin'.  ;)

On 10/10/2018 at 6:50 PM, silverc said:

Just cracked a New Riff BIB that I picked up in August while at the distillery. It's different and has a lot of peppery spice. I don't think it's amazing, but I will revisit it in the next few days to see if it opens up some more. I may consider getting a single barrel version of this if I see one. Anybody know if the single barrels are also BIB (100 pr) or if they are cask strength?

20181110_192845.jpg

Started easy with W12, but now I’m hitting the 130+ proofers. Sorry BSFTB but Jack is kicking your butt tonight.

• I like it 1

Started easy with W12, but now I’m hitting the 130+ proofers. Sorry BSFTB but Jack is kicking your butt tonight.

Pic

IMG_5587.JPG
  • I like it 2

3 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I guess I followed your lead with the Weller.  Can't go wrong there.  I had some JDSiBBP not long ago and it was delicious.

Wild Turkey Master's Keep 17yr while listening to my pathetic Detroit Lions being the same-old Lions. I've tried most of the modern WT releases, except Forgiven, and some older/duty free only stuff, and I just don't think WT is my thing. Some of it's good, but I don't think any is great for what I typically like out of a bourbon. I guess that means more for everyone else!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, silverc said:

Wild Turkey Master's Keep 17yr while listening to my pathetic Detroit Lions being the same-old Lions. I've tried most of the modern WT releases, except Forgiven, and some older/duty free only stuff, and I just don't think WT is my thing. Some of it's good, but I don't think any is great for what I typically like out of a bourbon. I guess that means more for everyone else!

Yeah, The Lions Will ALWAYS Disappoint... unless you expect ZERO satisfaction out of 'em.     Then, you'll get exactly what you expect.

As to your comment about your preference for stuff other than WT...    Hell, it would be a boring world indeed, if everybody only truly LOVED all the same stuff.     And, it would make THAT stuff sooooo hard to source, as well.   HA!

Huge dark fruit on the front end and a finish of leather with this tonight, on this Austin Nichols WT 86.8.  Great way to finish up the weekend.

427894A2-A3F2-4EF5-8622-904DE1760D40.jpeg

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.