What Bourbon are you enjoying? (Fall 2018)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After a successful weekend deer hunting time to sit back and enjoy a little rye while watching Elf.

20181201_214744.jpg

Edited by Jfletchgu
  • I like it 3

After some BCS Vanilla Stout with pizza for dinner I drowned my sorrows watching my Blues lose (again) with some RHF and then some ECBP A118. I don't think my palate is back to 100% after fighting some sort of cold/flu/respiratory thing for two weeks now. The RHF is usually my MB2 fave but it seemed a bit thin and slightly astringent tonight. Maybe it was the beer? Moved on to the ECBP and it seems REALLY hot tonight. I love those burnt brown sugar flavors though.

20181201_202447-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 1

Went with some EHT Single Barrel to start the evening. After dinner, I moved on to some KY Owl Rye Batch 1 for a night cap.

Began with a pour of HPR. Next was a pour of Blanton’s. Finished with a pour of Blanton’s SFTB. :)  Nice end to a good day.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Pretty nice, easy drinking at 100 proof. Did Sarah not do the Ten?

typ3EIG.jpg

ZXey4e6.jpg

Edited by MTNBourbon

Just finish a long year of soccer officiating with 3 days of high level college showcase games.  I was a little distracted today as I starting to think about my celebratory pour following this year's final game.  I had planned to have a nice pour of ECBP C917 followed by a smaller pour of WT101.  However, I opted for a second pour of ECBP because 1) the first pour was great and 2) I deserve it.  ?

• I like it 3

33 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Just finish a long year of soccer officiating with 3 days of high level college showcase games.  I was a little distracted today as I starting to think about my celebratory pour following this year's final game.  I had planned to have a nice pour of ECBP C917 followed by a smaller pour of WT101.  However, I opted for a second pour of ECBP because 1) the first pour was great and 2) I deserve it.  ?

Tired. muscles aching.  Well, they were.   So, I decided to follow up with WT101 as I contemplate how the Colts were blanked by the Jags.  The WT101 is holding up to the ECBP.  Not as complex, but very enjoyable.

Edited by mbroo5880i

23 hours ago, Charlutz said:

At a friend’s 50Th birthday party and he broke out the 2012 GTS. What a treat. 

10AE2F3C-2517-49F0-8D29-3AB3035A6B23.jpeg

Sounds like a great occasion to open a great bottle like that one! Looks like you keep great company. Hope you had a good time. Cheers.

Some EC12 (asob) tonight. I keep hearing others say the new NAS is just as good or better. I've even tried to tell myself that. But this bottle is so good. Could smell the glass from half a room away. Brown sugar, vanilla, oak. LOTS of oak!

20181202_212502-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 4

I opened my newly purchased bottle of Larceny last night and had a pour. :unsure: There’s no was I was gonna go there again tonight.  Instead I opted for something better and more familiar this evening. There’s a nice pour of my Weller Blend in my glass as I type this. Now that’s more like it. :D

Biba! Joe

I usually don't drink much during the week.  However, still recovering from the weekend so I decided a nice pour of WT101 while watching MNF is in order.

Some Maker's Mark 46 Private Selection from Julio's got the evening started. I quickly followed that one up by another Loch & K(e)y barrel pick of Blanton's! the Blanton's was far and away the better pour of the evening. While I'm not a fan of Maker's, I thought it was really good. However, the Blanton's is just that special of a pour.

I opened a PH Promise of Hope for the holidays. This is such a superior bourbon.

• I like it 1

I opened a PH Promise of Hope for the holidays. This is such a superior bourbon.

I’m sure it’s wonderful stuff, but I’ve never had the pleasure...enjoy!
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.