What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a bottle of Larceny this afternoon.  I'll give it a try this week (maybe tonight).  Looking for something new for the flask for a guys trip to Laughlin next weekend.  

34 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Vinyl fan!   Cheers to that

Didn't notice until I looked back at that pic that the dust cover was doing it's job so well there

17 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Finally dropped the coin on WT MK Revival

y4mBZ0FxWLAKNLLtAqwuuTPU0ZiLeL7f2hW9P9vc

Interested to hear your thoughts, it's been available here for a while but can't justify the price.

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, PhantomLamb said:

Interested to hear your thoughts, it's been available here for a while but can't justify the price.

I've bought all three at this point, I really enjoyed the first two, I'm sure this one will be open in short order. 

• I like it 1

Black Maple Hill sample from a coworker and picked up a 375 WT to ease into Fall. 

enhance

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 1

47 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Black Maple Hill sample from a coworker and picked up a 375 WT to ease into Fall. 

enhance

When was the BMH bottled?    Some of the older stuff could be excellent.    Some of newer stuff?   Shall we say... rather less so.

• I like it 1

13.5 year KCSB, OWA SB, and a OE101. In the words of the great philosopher Ice Cube "it was a good day".

20181001_134138.jpg

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

I agree with this. The juice is solid though. Will wait until it goes on sale for the $100 range then purchase. 

Found on the shelf at Kroger. I guess at 13K bottles this one might be a little easier to find this year...

55552A1E-C4AA-417C-BA7E-D017E32FD868.jpeg

• I like it 7

Running low on the standards I keep handy for tastings for friends and family just getting into bourbon. Picked this up Friday and already have put a dent into it. 

6E96554A-75F8-48B2-9D8B-F0FFFAA18FA3.jpeg

• I like it 1

38 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

Found on the shelf at Kroger. I guess at 13K bottles this one might be a little easier to find this year...

55552A1E-C4AA-417C-BA7E-D017E32FD868.jpeg

If I might be so nosy... What did you give for it at retail JT?

10 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

If I might be so nosy... What did you give for it at retail JT?

Not nosy Rich... I meant to post it... $139

And this particular Kroger isn’t in MI, my cousin snagged it for me in KY.

Edited by JTaylor

In Canada on a waterfowl hunt, and got a text that some good stuff delivered.  Had a family member run by to pick up an OWA ($26) and OFitz 9 yr. ($86).  Passed on the Curacao finished PH.  Retail price, but not my thing...

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I agree with this. The juice is solid though. Will wait until it goes on sale for the $100 range then purchase. 

They're asking $140 here.  

Hadn't bought much in a while as Im trying to empty a few bottles first but a local store was trying to also empty shelves and had an older store pick RRSB for not a ton of money, so I bought 3

Forgot to post this up after Bourbon Fest....the Four Roses is spectacular whiskey as far as I'm concerned and even better than the Al Young.

KYBF results.jpg

• I like it 8

My club also just got in our 1792 Full Proof pick and our RR pick this past week....my wife has begun to complain about how much whiskey I now have :(

We don't normally do stickers for our bottles, but after the rumor about beetles causing the rick house collapse we couldn't resist...

bj.jpg

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

Forgot to post this up after Bourbon Fest....the Four Roses is spectacular whiskey as far as I'm concerned and even better than the Al Young.

KYBF results.jpg

Was this all a haul from Bourbon Fest?

2 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

KYBF results.jpg

Quite the haul!  I always hear that Limited editions are nearly impossible to obtain in Kentucky. Never been myself, but you seem to be doing just fine! 

Good to hear on the 4R130th. Hoping to find that one. 

1614825043_KYBFresults.thumb.jpg.81f5eadae444aaa44e917004d48918ea.jpg

Nice haul as usual for you and the boss. I know where you picked up that 14yo WFE bourbon ...but WOW..on the other one!

My club also just got in our 1792 Full Proof pick and our RR pick this past week....my wife has begun to complain about how much whiskey I now have [emoji20]

We don't normally do stickers for our bottles, but after the rumor about beetles causing the rick house collapse we couldn't resist...
bj.thumb.jpg.f01763e9bed3df7c3564fb94bd76e3b5.jpg

That’s great! I never would have thought your wife would ever say anything like that. I’m actually shocked.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.