What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

My club also just got in our 1792 Full Proof pick and our RR pick this past week....my wife has begun to complain about how much whiskey I now have :(

We don't normally do stickers for our bottles, but after the rumor about beetles causing the rick house collapse we couldn't resist...

bj.jpg

Brilliant! 

My club also just got in our 1792 Full Proof pick and our RR pick this past week....my wife has begun to complain about how much whiskey I now have [emoji20]

We don't normally do stickers for our bottles, but after the rumor about beetles causing the rick house collapse we couldn't resist...
bj.thumb.jpg.f01763e9bed3df7c3564fb94bd76e3b5.jpg
Haha that's awesome! I'd buy it for the label :)

My wife says the same thing unfortunately, so I appease her by buying her more specialty wine while I get a few more at the same time [emoji14]
  • I like it 1

27 minutes ago, reeko said:

My wife says the same thing unfortunately, so I appease her by buying her more specialty wine while I get a few more at the same time emoji14.png

That's my approach too!  

On 10/1/2018 at 12:20 PM, Richnimrod said:

When was the BMH bottled?    Some of the older stuff could be excellent.    Some of newer stuff?   Shall we say... rather less so.

It was the green label short bottle 95 proof. Fairly certain it was the new stuff. Not bad but nothing spectacular. Almost had a bit of strawberry taste in there .

Managed to get my hands on some Loch & K(e)y releases today. 2 different barrels of OWA and a bottle of FRSB OBSV. Sometimes the old standards are just as good as the Limited Editions we are chasing.

• I like it 1

Picked up a 2018 1792 High Rye today so opened a 2016 bottle from the bunker. Pretty sweet for high rye. The rye doesn't kick in until the very end.

20181002_222602-2016x980.jpg

Mail call!  Mako524 hooked me up with an OBSO. Still need 2 more before opening so cracked a 1792 high rye, my first. I have not really tried the 1792 line except for a Full Proof store pick that was just too much banana for me. 

60DFD6D7-0279-495F-9744-59298FB90DDA.jpeg

20 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Was this all a haul from Bourbon Fest?

Yep, all of this was from the 5 days I spent in Ky during bourbon fest.  I attended the Parker's breakfast release, the Mellow Moments preview event, the Let's talk Bourbon, Bourbon Bonanza (formerly known as Whiskey Pig), and the auction at the Getz museum to get most of these bottles.

Wow... OFBB was $129 this year. I’m pretty sure this will be my last one... if my first Grandson hadn’t been born the first week of September this year I'd be posting this in the “What I passed on” thread... Can’t wait to try the Old Fitz, but I gotta say, $100 bottles are becoming all too common nowadays... 

D1CD2934-E4FF-4C3D-8AE9-E1BD718B3731.jpeg

• I like it 4

20 hours ago, elmossle said:

Managed to get my hands on some Loch & K(e)y releases today. 2 different barrels of OWA and a bottle of FRSB OBSV. Sometimes the old standards are just as good as the Limited Editions we are chasing.

What you mean "we", paleface!   ☺️

• I like it 1

I’ve avoided WTKS PS for a long time, I like RRSB PS and it seems to be a better bang for your buck. However with word that WTKS is going away and this showed up thought I’d give it a shot. I wonder if they pick cherry barrels but don’t hit the proof point to make it into a RRSB?

IMG_5309.thumb.JPG.fffc836a69c2e4dab5dd7d5ae88998a2.JPG

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

16A11AD0-5BFD-4415-9AF7-AC1B4732EEB7.thumb.jpeg.2ddec6aa3b92bc1fa14e858a14d5a89c.jpeg

WP delivery! 

Will.

Nice snag Will! My LS has a PS barrel that is 13 yrs old and was fairly tasty from what I got from the minuscule (new guy) sample I had...  but I just couldn't pull the trigger @ $94. Still thinking about it though... please post review once opened.

Bought some Dant BIB and WT101R for my first purchases recently. Haven’t drank much for BIBs lately so grabbed that on a whim. The Turkey rye is a staple for me though. 

• I like it 1

Seems I rebroke my buying seal... Got the recent ECBP, EHTsmb and HWMDSND (yeah yeah not bourbon) that I was irritated to be held to 1 of.

I’ve avoided WTKS PS for a long time, I like RRSB PS and it seems to be a better bang for your buck. However with word that WTKS is going away and this showed up thought I’d give it a shot. I wonder if they pick cherry barrels but don’t hit the proof point to make it into a RRSB?

IMG_5309.thumb.JPG.fffc836a69c2e4dab5dd7d5ae88998a2.JPG

Today I bought TW's pick of Kentucky Spirit because I wanted the bottle before they disappear and haven't seen a PS. Will be my first turkey of hopefully many more.

[emoji106]
  • I like it 1

I went to an event at Tippins Market in Ann Arbor and got to meet Al Young. I bought one of their 5 store picks and decided on the OESO 13 years 5 months which Al Young signed. My dad and I were in a raffle to get the 130th anniversary but fell short, however our name was picked for some other goodies. I got to try the Al Young 50th which was fantastic and the 130th. Both were awesome but that finish on the Al Young kept going and going! What a blast!

AC6F920C-0166-4B27-9A81-07E30E1BC948.jpeg

Edited by Adam777
  • I like it 6

Today I bought TW's pick of Kentucky Spirit because I wanted the bottle before they disappear and haven't seen a PS. Will be my first turkey of hopefully many more.

[emoji106]

Very cool it’s going to surprise you. If you’ve never had WT I highly recommend getting a standard bottle while you’re at it.

11 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Nice snag Will! My LS has a PS barrel that is 13 yrs old and was fairly tasty from what I got from the minuscule (new guy) sample I had...  but I just couldn't pull the trigger @ $94. Still thinking about it though... please post review once opened.

Thx man. I opened the Stagecoach Liquor #1 yesterday and it was freaking good. I’m sorry but I’m sucking at reviewing, but if I may give you an advice, go back to the store and buy one or two. Think about it, a 13yo rye single barrel at cask strength for less than a hundred bucks,  if this was a Willett or a Smooth Ambler, you will have to pay at least twice as that. But at the end, it’s your money ;-))) 

Cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Thx man. I opened the Stagecoach Liquor #1 yesterday and it was freaking good. I’m sorry but I’m sucking at reviewing, but if I may give you an advice, go back to the store and buy one or two. Think about it, a 13yo rye single barrel at cask strength for less than a hundred bucks,  if this was a Willett or a Smooth Ambler, you will have to pay at least twice as that. But at the end, it’s your money ;-))) 

Cheers! 

Will.

Will, I'm with you on the Whistle Pig picks, I try to buy them when they are priced right as they seem to land between $75 and $100 here, but regardless well aged CS Rye isn't really readily available from other sources. Regardless of anyone's beliefs on WP's business ethics, all of the bottles that were ostensibly better values at some point have gone the way of the dodo and ultimately I really like the 100% rye ADL profile.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.