What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

New 2018 bottlings, either way very nice.

Yes, it is the 2018 release and thanks. Now if I can just find another WLW to purchase instead of pass on.

Old Ezra 7 Year old 101 proof - I wish I'd just stuck with WT101 for a 101 proofer honestly. This Old Ezra doesn't seem like it's for my palate.

2018 OFBiB 9yr & PHC - LE season is just starting, no?   ☺️

2018 OFBiB 9yr & PHC.jpg

• I like it 6

7 hours ago, GeeTen said:

2018 OFBiB 9yr & PHC - LE season is just starting, no?   ☺️

2018 OFBiB 9yr & PHC.jpg

Nice, Gee!    :)    Good Start, indeed!

If this really is discontinued I figured this might be my last chance.  Found a age stated KC as well. 

8C7E5D6C-4C72-4926-B2FE-19DD1FCF88D1.jpeg

• I like it 4

I just moved to St Louis and decided to start assessing the local retailers.  Chose Friar Tuck's on a whim.  They (at least this location) don't carry Russell's Reserve single barrel or Four Roses barrel proof so I'm not sure I'll be making this a priority stop in the future but it never hurts to check out a new place.

I ended up taking advantage of my wife not having moved yet to snag these:

20181010_193600.jpg

1 hour ago, bourbon-n00b said:

I just moved to St Louis and decided to start assessing the local retailers.  Chose Friar Tuck's on a whim.  They (at least this location) don't carry Russell's Reserve single barrel or Four Roses barrel proof so I'm not sure I'll be making this a priority stop in the future but it never hurts to check out a new place.

I ended up taking advantage of my wife not having moved yet to snag these:

20181010_193600.jpg

I was just at the St. Charles county location on the way home today and saw their store pick JM. The had a bunch of other stuff I wasn't interested in (BMH, YKY, etc.) and I left empty handed. I ALMOST picked up another 1792 High Rye.

Not holding my breath for any BTAC this year, so no stressing about it. 

Spending Fall Bourbon budget on private selections that rock the casbah. 

Have secured another half-case of the best KCSB I've ever tried (dozens); like resets the bar good.  Work promotion present to myself. 

Our barrel of OWA should be landing any day now.  Hoping to bunker a half-case this year, at least! 

No ER10 picks this year.  Boo. 

Third of the way thru Sober October.  Bourbon spending spree. 

On 10/9/2018 at 5:58 PM, gurgalunas said:

How about a pic of the taxidermy on the wall behind the WTMK?  Looks like a woodduck and redhead are part of the display at least...

Good eye. 

E07099CF-97E7-45D5-9B59-8B6770AF5B6A.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 10/9/2018 at 3:47 PM, jvd99 said:

2018 FRLEsmB 130th Anniversary 

Still no security on the closure though - too bad

B1411F92-F661-4A3D-82CD-5C5BBE4C17FB.jpeg

Have these hit Chicago or did you find elsewhere? All i’ve Heard from my usual spots is that they haven’t come in yet as of late last week and early this week.

15 hours ago, Statesboro Blues said:

Good eye. 

E07099CF-97E7-45D5-9B59-8B6770AF5B6A.jpeg

Nice display.  Always have liked the "Day's Harvest" type of mounts. 

Currently driving home from 2 weeks of waterfowling in Saskatchewan.  Good hunts for mallards and Canada geese, but snows were tough, and other ducks had pushed south already.

Shopping for bourbon is pointless, but rum is an option...

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, JSpartan said:

Have these hit Chicago or did you find elsewhere? All i’ve Heard from my usual spots is that they haven’t come in yet as of late last week and early this week.

Yes, this was from Chicagoland.  Be aware that LEs like FR, BTAC & VW rarely if ever hit the shelves and are pretty much spoken for before they even arrive or are in lotteries nowadays around here.  I just got a call from my local LE saying it was in the managers office with my name on it.  I quit hunting like 3 years ago

dont waste your time with binnys unless you are a whale - it all goes to huge customers including wine guys and employees

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Yes, this was from Chicagoland.  Be aware that LEs like FR, BTAC & VW rarely if ever hit the shelves and are pretty much spoken for before they even arrive or are in lotteries nowadays around here.  I just got a call from my local LE saying it was in the managers office with my name on it.  I quit hunting like 3 years ago

dont waste your time with binnys unless you are a whale - it all goes to huge customers including wine guys and employees

Yeah, i’ve given up on Binny’s as well for those type of bottles. Just curious if distributors started releasing to Illinois.

All my other RR SiBs are from 4th floors. My assumption is that this 7th floor barrel had a higher proof prior to being cut. I'm pretty excited to try it sbs with one from the 4th floor. 

20181012_115113.jpg

On 10/9/2018 at 10:47 PM, jvd99 said:

2018 FRLEsmB 130th Anniversary 

Still no security on the closure though - too bad

B1411F92-F661-4A3D-82CD-5C5BBE4C17FB.jpeg

Just found one myself, very exited about it, a friend got two and generously letting me buying one. Just waiting for the delivery, I’ll crack this bad boy right away. 

Did you you try it ? 

Will.

• I like it 3

3 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Just found one myself, very exited about it, a friend got two and generously letting me buying one. Just waiting for the delivery, I’ll crack this bad boy right away. 

Did you you try it ? 

Will.

In europe already?

7 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Did you you try it ? 

Will.

No, not yet.  It got bunkered.  Trying to lose some lbs.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

All my other RR SiBs are from 4th floors. My assumption is that this 7th floor barrel had a higher proof prior to being cut. I'm pretty excited to try it sbs with one from the 4th floor. 

I'd be interested to hear the results.  I've heard that barrels from the lower floors should be better because they require less water to bring down to 110 proof so you're getting something closer to barrel proof. 

Good fortune smiled on me while I was at an event yesterday evening. I was offered an elusive bottle of Weller Antique. Of course I said yes. ;)  FWIW, since I was finally able to score a WA, I  now have plans. :ph34r:  

Biba! Joe

wa.jpeg

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.