What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

One for sipping and one for the eggnog.

fullsizeoutput_dcf.thumb.jpeg.b65f23026b22ffffd41bc6bf06377b9f.jpeg

Mmm Blanton’s and egg nog. Had some Devils Cut neat on a Southwest flight it was great.
  • I like it 2

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Mmm Blanton’s and egg nog. Had some Devils Cut neat on a Southwest flight it was great.

I don’t fuck with egg nog without that Blanton’s.

On 12/3/2018 at 9:26 PM, reeko said:

In your opinion was the 18 year worth the money?

I've never had the 15 or 18 year wisers before so I'm not sure what to expect, but from what I've been reading it sounds like reviewers rate it higher than the 18.

So would the pot distilled rye also be at least 35 years old? It can't be younger if it's in there right.

I don't think the 18 is worth the money, no. It was all vanilla and maple syrup, verging on cloying sweetness. Light and thin as most Canadians are. Luckily I had a pour at a bar and didn't pick up a bottle. Now if you tend to like Canadian Whiskies, you will probably like it, so you can safely ignore my opinion, as I've been disappointed by them frequently.

As to the 35, yeah I suppose the rye component would have to be 35 years old as well. I would love to taste that on its own, before it's watered down / blended. 

Edited by EarthQuake

got me a P15 & GTS. that'll probably be it for the fall seasonals unless i get lucky somewhere.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

got me a P15 & GTS. that'll probably be it for the fall seasonals unless i get lucky somewhere.

Sounds like you already GOT lucky!

• I like it 1

I picked up a Stagg. Probably my last of the LEs for this year as well

Edited by BottledInBond
  • I like it 3

VW 12 yr Lot B and GTS. After 4 or so years in this hobby, I’ve finally obtained a couple bottles for home enjoyment. Looking forward to sharing these with friends and family (who can appreciate the pours of course).

6919916A-217B-4D5A-987F-7740EF8D63E8.jpeg

• I like it 11

4 hours ago, JSpartan said:

VW 12 yr Lot B and GTS. After 4 or so years in this hobby, I’ve finally obtained a couple bottles for home enjoyment. Looking forward to sharing these with friends and family (who can appreciate the pours of course).

nice view. i can see the lake as well as the top of the 'Cock!

• I like it 2

Here is my last 2 days bounty...20181207_142434.thumb.jpg.64991322530388d3830dee2a78184137.jpg20181206_120606.thumb.jpg.669f6ce85acdf2a4339f5d87381ffb68.jpg

Still have 1 more connection to wait on, then its lotteries. 

• I like it 4

A little happy hour single barrell 100 proof sbsbs. All really good pours. Wanting sweet, go for EHT. Want allspice and clove, go JJB. Wanting the (imo) perfect example of a high rye bourbon, go 4R

20181207_152347.jpg

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

6 hours ago, JSpartan said:

Very nice Gents! Bout time that store released its BTAC and PVW!  

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, dcbt said:

Picked up two more OF1910s.  Big fan.  Stocking up whenever I see it, especially at $40ish like today.

Its about $55 around here - if I saw it for $40 I'd be tempted to buy a case! Really enjoying the 1910.

15 hours ago, dcbt said:

Picked up two more OF1910s.  Big fan.  Stocking up whenever I see it, especially at $40ish like today.

I'm looking forward to trying the 1910, but so far it's not available in NC.

Bought a CEHTSB just because it was looking at me on the shelf.  Already have a couple, but these seem to be set on auto-purchase with me.  

6 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Bought a CEHTSB just because it was looking at me on the shelf.  Already have a couple, but these seem to be set on auto-purchase with me.  

Same here. I think it’s delicious and here in TX the allocation in 2018 seemed nearly nonexistent. Last month I was lucky enough to come across a 128.1 proof 2017 release.

• I like it 1

On 12/5/2018 at 6:12 PM, HoustonNit said:

No “Pappiez”, just plain old WT101. I’d said before I love the variety but if this was all I could get I’d die a happy man.

Salut!

IMG_5795.JPG

Wait, I just noticed something... were you hiding in the garage, drinking WT101?

If so, that's awesome.

• I like it 5

Wait, I just noticed something... were you hiding in the garage, drinking WT101?
If so, that's awesome.

Ha wasn’t exactly hiding but yes.

2 hours ago, DeepCover said:

Same here. I think it’s delicious and here in TX the allocation in 2018 seemed nearly nonexistent. Last month I was lucky enough to come across a 128.1 proof 2017 release.

I wish I ran across a BP lol.  This one was a single barrel.  They seem to randomly pop up in clusters around me then disappear a little while.  

3 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

I wish I ran across a BP lol.  This one was a single barrel.  They seem to randomly pop up in clusters around me then disappear a little while.  

Same here. I misread and thought you were referring to BP. The rest of my comments still apply. I always keep a bottle of CEHT SiB onhand. 

• I like it 2

On 12/5/2018 at 10:02 PM, schwoo said:

IMG_1068.jpgfound these.....

Pray tell (show me) what a midwife invoice looks like.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.