What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally tracked down a bottle of ET BIB here in IL.  Love the liter bottle. It could give JWD BIB a run for its money.

18 hours ago, Golzee said:

Finally tracked down a bottle of ET BIB here in IL.  Love the liter bottle. It could give JWD BIB a run for its money.

I love most BIB but JWD just doesn't do it for me. ET is good. Glad it has made it to Il. I found it in Ky, but we still don't have it in Indiana yet.

13 minutes ago, cdcdguy said:

I love most BIB but JWD just doesn't do it for me. ET is good. Glad it has made it to Il. I found it in Ky, but we still don't have it in Indiana yet.

I thought I saw ET BIB at Crown Liquors this weekend.  The bottle looked similar to those that come up when I google images.  It was around $25.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I thought I saw ET BIB at Crown Liquors this weekend.  The bottle looked similar to those that come up when I google images.  It was around $25.

I'll be making a couple phone calls.  I like Crown Liquors.  I don't go there as much as I used to.  Their closest stores are both about a half hour away from me.

Myself, wife and son went to the BTAC PVW drawing on Saturday morning at our local LB.  Wife and son struck out but I didn't.  The PVW was gone first and my hope was for a WLW first and and GTS second.  Second isn't too bad.

GT STAGG.jpeg

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 10

4 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Myself, wife and son went to the BTAC PVW drawing on Saturday morning at our local LB.  Wife and son struck out but I didn't.  The PVW was gone first and my hope was for a WLW first and and GTS second.  Second isn't too bad.

GT STAGG.jpeg

Good For YOU, C&B!!!    Once in a while things just work out, eh?   :D

Stopped back at the Lex TW on the return leg after TG in the Shenandoah Valley.  I know Big Level hasn't gotten much love, but I figgered WTH, I'm blowing up the bourbon budget for the month anyway, a little more powder won't be noticed...

I'm still thrilled about the OF1910, hope it shows up in AR soon. 500+ miles is a bit far to travel for a bottle though.  Has it hit TN?  Didn't have time for any side trips to check on the way through.

Resizer_15433600754630.jpg

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, PowderKeg said:

Stopped back at the Lex TW on the return leg after TG in the Shenandoah Valley.  I know Big Level hasn't gotten much love, but I figgered WTH, I'm blowing up the bourbon budget for the month anyway, a little more powder won't be noticed...

I'm still thrilled about the OF1910, hope it shows up in AR soon. 500+ miles is a bit far to travel for a bottle though.  Has it hit TN?  Didn't have time for any side trips to check on the way through.

Resizer_15433600754630.jpg

It’s just hit Louisiana.  I’m down here working & they just got it on the shelves FWIW. 

Resizer_15433600754630.jpg.69a923c805aa880abe436fce7e2a91f3.jpg

The OF1910 is readily available in the Memphis area.

While on a trip to Massachusetts to see the OPG and my saintly mother, I found a bottle of Old Ezra 7 101 proof in Indiana and a bottle of Lot 40 Rye Small Batch in Massachusetts. It's always good to bring back a souvenir or two from a vacation.

• I like it 3

Co-workers and I were thinking about organizing a Friday after-work tasting with a small charity component in the spirit of xmas. One thing led to another and we ended up with something unusual, a Wild Turkey vertical! Bought WT101, RB, two different RRSB picks, WTKS, and one great guy is contributing Decades and Revival Oloroso from his collection.

I take all credit for steering folks away from doing an all Islay Scotch tasting and later convincing heathens that WT is worthy ;)

3 hours ago, Postal Grunt said:

While on a trip to Massachusetts to see the OPG and my saintly mother, I found a bottle of Old Ezra 7 101 proof in Indiana and a bottle of Lot 40 Rye Small Batch in Massachusetts. It's always good to bring back a souvenir or two from a vacation.

I'm always surprised at these availability swings between states. In MA there is indeed more Lot 40 than there are potholes on I-93.

• I like it 3

46 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

I’ve been on a bourbon buying diet. Broke the fast with a C918. 

Picked up a C918 last week and today was a Stagg Jr. at retail. Now I guess I need to do a head to head!

54 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

I think their estimates for the sale prices are very low given the current market.  Those are some mint condition hundred year old bottles! Wow. 

Grabbed a bottle of WT101 today...never been disappointed in a bottle of this stuff and am enjoying a nice snort of it now...

Read a lot about this, stopped by local shop and saw it was new. It was $5 less than local Total Wine.

On a better note went to another local shop ( trying to make nice all over the area) where he said he was getting Michter’s 10 in and selling at msrp. He is getting in two and my name is the first on the list!  I think I’m more likely to get any allocated stuff at a local shop vs big store here in FL

326DE8C6-4BCE-4AB7-94CD-67E3D3499959.jpeg

• I like it 3

I bought the Old Fitz 9 year and a CYPB. I’m excited to try the Fitz as I’ve heard good things about the 9, and I had thought the 11 was better than some of the reviews I had seen. Not quite as optimistic with the CYPB as I haven’t heard anything that great about it, but it was reasonably priced so figured it was worth trying.

• I like it 1

Picked up another bottle of Eagle Rare after work.  It is getting pretty hard to find in this area now, and I am glad to have a source that helps look out for me.

1 hour ago, BottledInBond said:

I bought the Old Fitz 9 year and a CYPB. I’m excited to try the Fitz as I’ve heard good things about the 9, and I had thought the 11 was better than some of the reviews I had seen. Not quite as optimistic with the CYPB as I haven’t heard anything that great about it, but it was reasonably priced so figured it was worth trying.

Tge 9y old fitz is delicious. 

I really enjoyed the tiny sip of cypb I had. 

I thought it smelled amazing. 

If I found one at retail, I would enjoy drinking it.    At $300-400 , I just laugh and move on with my life. 

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

Tge 9y old fitz is delicious. 

I really enjoyed the tiny sip of cypb I had. 

I thought it smelled amazing. 

If I found one at retail, I would enjoy drinking it.    At $300-400 , I just laugh and move on with my life. 

Also had the CYPB at a bar for like $12 a pour, thought it was great. Would defo pick it up if I found it at at reasonable price. Agree about the smell, aged Weller in general I think is one of the best smelling bourbons.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.