What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

IMG_4294.jpg

Yesterday’s haul. I just couldn’t hold out any longer looking at those two lonely Turkeys sitting in the case. I keep hearing good things about the Magnus so grabbed that too. The RR and MM 46 were impulse buys because they were both 25% off normal price.

• I like it 2

I’ve heard lots of good things about this one but thought I missed it. Found a store that had one on the shelf and I’m getting ready to try it. Going to have my wife pour a little of the Repeal Batch and this one and do a blind side by side. 

CE23985A-89BD-4B8E-9C5A-8E17F11E6738.jpeg

2 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

I’ve heard lots of good things about this one but thought I missed it. Found a store that had one on the shelf and I’m getting ready to try it. Going to have my wife pour a little of the Repeal Batch and this one and do a blind side by side. 

CE23985A-89BD-4B8E-9C5A-8E17F11E6738.jpeg

Distiller’s Cut is very good. For the price point it’s exceptional. In a market where almost all new developments are going against the interests of the everyday drinker this is a remarkable exception. As a guy who publicly stated many derogatory comments about Beam last year with the Booker’s price increase and OGD 114 reversal, etc, I have to withdraw all my criticism and say I really like how Beam is treating their customers. 

• I like it 3

Met up w/ a fellow SBer for breakfast today and we traded some bottles. 

Can’t wait to SbS this Camp Nelson with the others that have hit South Carolina. 

The Gobbler Cobbler from B is headed to the bunker. 

6403A071-9902-45DE-B41B-EC8B2AD78BBD.jpeg

Can’t wait to SbS this Camp Nelson with the others that have hit South Carolina. 

6403A071-9902-45DE-B41B-EC8B2AD78BBD.thumb.jpeg.8d2efb82cd52fed4724d65ff2614e199.jpeg

Sticker game is getting strong with RR picks.

4 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Sticker game is getting strong with RR picks.

They’re also getting stupid.  

• I like it 2

May have struck out on the lottery today but this ETBIB came home with me.  Enjoyed my first bottle of this. Glad to have another.

20181209_221313-784x1613.jpg

Yeah it’s getting a little out of hand, I do like when it provides additional information, like age on a RR pick. I also like when the naming and or picture has something to do with the tasting notes.

13 minutes ago, Clueby said:

May have struck out on the lottery today but this ETBIB came home with me.  Enjoyed my first bottle of this. Glad to have another.

20181209_221313-784x1613.jpg

I picked up one these too while back in Kentucky last week too. Haven’t tried it yet though.

Edited by JSpartan

46 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Just livin the dream!

31 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

The most practical benefit is identifying the bottle beyond the neck tag that campari provides. Why they don’t put more info on label (like four roses) is beyond me. 

The sticker thing can be silly, especially when people (IMO) over pay just for the sticker. 

That said, there are some clever side stickers. 

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, Mako254 said:

The most practical benefit is identifying the bottle beyond the neck tag that campari provides. Why they don’t put more info on label (like four roses) is beyond me. 

The sticker thing can be silly, especially when people (IMO) over pay just for the sticker. 

That said, there are some clever side stickers. 

Admittedly they make me irrationally annoyed I like the additional info some have and stop there.

Had to make a trip into St Louis and stopped in on my favorite Missouri Liquor Store. After yesterday’s Distiller’s Cut I knew I needed another one. I was surprised to see Bond and Lilliard Batch 1(I really enjoy it but realize most people consider it overpriced mediocre bourbon) so I added a couple of those. The Knob Creek Store Pick is what I’m really excited about(why can’t everyone put the informational label on like this one). My personal oldest KC I’ve ever had at 14 yrs old. 

E258629B-98DD-4E6F-B5E7-CC2DE6B449BE.jpeg

21 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Enjoy!

Edited by Cigars&Bourbon

Found 2 different store picks today. One Four Roses OESK at 10yr 4 months, and a Buffalo Trace Single Barrel pick. Heading to the bunker first, too many open bottles to get thru before they make the shelf.

• I like it 1

3x Jim Beam Distillers Cut

EW BiB

RR Single Barrel

RR Single Barrel Rye

and on the slightly kind of not bourbon side, Jack Daniels Heritage. I’m not normally much of a JD fan but this bottle is phenomenal. Also I don’t have Distillers Cut in my area, so Ive never tried it, really looking forward to that one

Edited by Surtur

Our local Liquor Barn had some private selections so I picked up a BT and 2 Hancock's President's Reserve.

3 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Our local Liquor Barn had some private selections so I picked up a BT and 2 Hancock's President's Reserve.

How much does HPR go for? It doesn't make it to St. Louis anymore.  I picked one up in Tucson in the Spring and I think it was $50 which seemed a little too much.

Wait was the HPR a PS?

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

How much does HPR go for? It doesn't make it to St. Louis anymore.  I picked one up in Tucson in the Spring and I think it was $50 which seemed a little too much.

If I remember correctly it was $43.99.  I think that was $1 more than last year.  But it did come in a red velvet sack with Liquor Barn embroidered on it so there is that. LOL!

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Wait was the HPR a PS?

Yes it was a single barrel select.  Haven't opened it yet but I'll post some notes when I do.  I probably need to do a SBS with my current bottle, which wasn't a PS.

• I like it 1

One of the guys at work brought me this today. Is this Willett distilled now or still sourced?  Doesn't say on the bottle that I can find.

20181211_151629-784x1613.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.