kevinbrink

What Dram are you enjoying? Fall 2018

Vosgar
12 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I actually really like Loch Lomond 12 especially for the $30 it runs here, a few more Glen Scotia appreciating posts and I'll probably cave on a bottle soon. 

Looked online at the store where I'd probably have to buy the LL12 and it's $34.99. Damn nice price for a decent 12yr Scotch. I liked the Glen Scotia Campbeltown neat better than the 16, but a little water flipped my preference. While I didn't find either of them on the same online site as the LL12, they have the 15yr for $69.99. It's nice to know that for my tastes there's a few more good value priced Scotch's out there. I still lean more towards peated whiskies but I'm coming around to others. The bank account isn't liking that...…..

• I like it 1

beasled

Having spent the evening watching the government shitshow unfold in the UK requires something with a bit of wallop, so Black Bull 21 is currently doing the job nicely. 

• I like it 2

KyleCBreese

Anyone have any experience with this Mexican whiskey? It’s my first time seeing it. 

1B7D0609-857E-4696-8D2D-9C0FB9EDAA28.jpeg

kevinbrink
5 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

Anyone have any experience with this Mexican whiskey? It’s my first time seeing it. 

1B7D0609-857E-4696-8D2D-9C0FB9EDAA28.jpeg

I've not had but there are three, Yellow Corn, Black Corn and White Corn, of the three from the reviews I've read the Yellow corn seems to generally be preferred and the Black Corn seems to be the consensus worst of the lot.  Either way if you were going to go for it I've seen it for $10 less at most places. 

Kane

Unknown sample of The Glenlivet Nadurra. My buddy from work brought the sample, and he had no idea all Nadurras are different *facepalm*. Well, it's not peated, and it's different from my 16yr.

JvW

A little Peat tonight...54.9%

IMG_2707.jpg.3bdfe73ee4fbfae068de789d3ef21f04.jpg

• I like it 1

smokinjoe

Johnny Black for me tonight.  A wonderful whiskey for me.  It just hits so many positive notes, all in a beautifully balanced way.  Little bit of everything in measured doses, and doesn’t break the bank.  This is a “must have” on my bar.  

• I like it 1

Vosgar

Another new one for me tonight while we're on  vacation,  Johnnie Walker Island Green. It's a blend of Caol Ila, Clynelish, Glenkinchie and Cardhu. The Caol Ila dominates, but not in an over the top sort of way.  Very enjoyable.

20190117_185350.jpg

• I like it 2

kevinbrink
14 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Another new one for me tonight while we're on  vacation,  Johnnie Walker Island Green. It's a blend of Caol Ila, Clynelish, Glenkinchie and Cardhu. The Caol Ila dominates, but not in an over the top sort of way.  Very enjoyable.

20190117_185350.jpg

I can dig that

• I like it 1