Bourbon+

Thig
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just signed up for a subscription last night.  Looking forward to add to the bathroom library of cigar & bourbon magazines. ?

On 10/10/2018 at 7:11 PM, CUfan99 said:

That explains why I prefer OGD I suppose. It has its own yeast though also I believe. 

While it did originally I think the latest report/rumor/wild gossip was that OGD now used the standard Beam yeast and has for awhile. Anybody remember for sure?

Edited by tanstaafl2

I just asked someone at Beam and to their knowledge OGD still uses its own yeast.

I love all Beam and OGD, but I'd be shocked to hear they come from the same juice. They couldn't be more different.

18 hours ago, Kane said:

I love all Beam and OGD, but I'd be shocked to hear they come from the same juice. They couldn't be more different.

Not the same. The mashbill is definitely different but there has been some debate for a while over whether or not they're still using a different yeast strain. Glad to hear that Steve cleared that up for us!

7 hours ago, mosugoji64 said:

Not the same. The mashbill is definitely different but there has been some debate for a while over whether or not they're still using a different yeast strain. Glad to hear that Steve cleared that up for us!

To be "safe", does this mean we should be expanding our bunkers?  I still have a lifetime's supply of OGD 114 from when it was "going to be discontinued".B)

5 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

To be "safe", does this mean we should be expanding our bunkers?  I still have a lifetime's supply of OGD 114 from when it was "going to be discontinued".B)

Not unless someone uncovers information to contradict Steve's source.

I subscribed on Sept 15. I haven't received my first issue either. When I contacted them I was told that the cut-off for the first printing was Sept. 12. They are doing a 2nd printing but those won't go out until mid to late November.

On 10/15/2018 at 9:05 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

HA!   Me Too!!!!    Not that I'm complaining.    What I bought was less expensive than the current price, and waaaaaay, less than it went up to for a few months.

• I like it 1

HA!   Me Too!!!!    Not that I'm complaining.    What I bought was less expensive than the current price, and waaaaaay, less than it went up to for a few months.

Me three! Although 6 bottles is a lifetime supply for me since I rarely drink it except as one of the ingredients in Grandpa Weller’s 4 Grain.
  • I like it 1

I purchased a subscription and enjoy it.  Many of the writers I enjoy write for the magazine

• Fred Minnick
  • Chuck Cowdery
  • Clay Risen

Great writers make for great articles.  I know most of them contribute to this site

Edited by BourbonGuy
  • I like it 1

7 hours ago, BourbonGuy said:

I purchased a subscription and enjoy it.  Many of the writers I enjoy write for the magazine

• Fred Minnick
  • Chuck Cowdery
  • Clay Risen

Great writers make for great articles.  I know most of them contribute to this site

It’s the only reason I subscribed :)

Really looking forward to receiving the first issue. 

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, BourbonGuy said:

• Fred Minnick
  • Chuck Cowdery
  • Clay Risen

Darn....I forgot Lew Bryson.  Another excellent writer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting issue.....I finally got to read it.  Surprised at the non-bourbon articles, like the one on rum.

On 10/16/2018 at 12:01 PM, Enoch said:

I subscribed on Sept 15. I haven't received my first issue either. When I contacted them I was told that the cut-off for the first printing was Sept. 12. They are doing a 2nd printing but those won't go out until mid to late November.

Finally got mine Nov2, but I had picked up free copies at whiskey fair... ANd don't forget carla.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.