OCMO

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

10 year mongolian oak. They are keeping it interesting if nothing else. Anybody heard anything about when this will be out?

https://adventuresinwhiskey.com/2018/04/13/7000000-barrels-and-counting-buffalo-trace-has-its-eye-on-the-future/

great article that mentions the old charter mongolian oak among other new upcoming BT bottlings. The last drop project sounds interesting with the lower temperatures. Lookslike there is a 18 year old release forthcoming from Last Drop/BT according to breaking bourbon. Distilled in 1982. The research/experimental aspect of these projects must be fun to be a part of. I bet the prices will be limiting to the average buyer.

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

WTF?  Old Charter Mongolian Oak?

Joe

Article talks about how bourbon doesnt need to be in american white oak.. just new oak. Other oak experiments going on apparently including canadian oak and french oak. 

Edited by FasterHorses

My question was cocerning your use of the acronym OCMO. Since it hasn’t been used  before, and there has been no discussion about it until now, how the hell are we supposed to know what the letters stand for?  My guess was a semi educated/lucky one. 

Joe

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My question was cocerning your use of the acronym OCMO. Since it hasn’t been used  before, and there has been no discussion about it until now, how the hell are we supposed to know what the letters stand for?  My guess was a semi educated/lucky one. 

Joe

I was just throwin it out there. Seemed like the natural acronym. Almost went with OCMO10. 

Im always unsure if BT/Saz doesnt like Breaking Bourbon to announce this stuff before they do. 

I’m not sure either, but..... I was at the distillery for a barrel pick just before the guy from breaking bourbon was. While there, I became aware of a couple of things going on. At that time, and again two weeks later when a group of us got to meet with CEO Mark Brown and the entire management staff at BT, it was casually mentioned that the information about a few things that were talked about had’t been released to the public yet. Read into that what you want, but I took it to mean keep it on the down low. Just sayin’. Some of the things talked about have now become common knowledge. CYPB, the BTAC ER 17 101 proof, and the Double Eagle Rare are a few. 

Joe

• 4 months later...

BT says it will be extremely limited and has only been released in 5 states so far. Georgia, Illinois, TX, KY, NY. Some states will not get any. They basically said good luck even seeing a bottle. Maybe a lottery item at the end of the year? Stinks that its not gonna be widely available.

Edited by FasterHorses

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.