Jameson Select Reserve Cask Strength Black Barrel

StraightorRocks
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am curious to see if anyone has tried this?  I am looking for tasting notes to look out for or what to expect from this bottle. I was fortunate enough to have my wife get this bottle two years ago when she was in Ireland and bring it back as my gift. Haven’t opened it yet but going to be soon. Thanks for the thoughts. Cheers!

I’ve only had the regular BB not as CS version but enjoyed the regular so I’m guessing I would like the CS even more. Just based on previous experience.

My dad and I sampled this at the Bow St Distillery Experience, and I nearly grabbed a bottle (100 euro, and you got to fill it yourself, write the label, etc).  I thought it was delicious, but didn't make any notes (other than I thought if I didn't find something else during my trip, I'd go back to buy one and bring it home).  I thought it would be a no-brainer at 70 euro. 

We both thought that it held up good to water (tried it neat; it was about 60% ABV), and probably in the neighborhood of 50% it really shone.  I did note that it wasn't tremendously complex (it wasn't age stated, but think the bartender mentioned it was around 7 yrs old), but it was more intensely/densely flavored - as you might expect.  If you like Jameson BB I can't imagine not liking it.  

Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to this one for sure. My wife was able to bottle this out of the cask as la el it with a note and the bottle number as well. Pretty awesome experience. 

• 2 months later...

I purchased a bottle of it when I was in Ireland in 2015. Just finished the last pour on Thanksgiving. It's a great pour. Filled with tropical fruits and a very pleasant finish. Tastes a bit like juicy fruit gum.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.